Chapter 37 the last chapter

Shikamaru's P.O.V.

when I saw her there I was so happy... I missed her a lot. she hadn't changed very much but she looked deadly, like she wasn't the same elder sister... the one that had cheered and smile for me and got mad at me for doing something stupid, she looked as if she didn't know me... like she would kill me just because she was bored.

when the group realized I was her younger brother they talked and I thought someone was coming for me, only to find Asuma-sensei throwing the 9th one into a tree.

"shikamaru!" Ino's voice take me back to reality

"Choji and I were wondering where you were! we didn't find out until sensei came and told us" she complains as choji and her sit down on the chairs

"sorry..." I simply not really caring

"are you ok?" choji asks

"yea im fine... just tired" I tell him

we chat some more before Ino starts yelling at me for being an idiot after I tell her that I was against 9 nin right after the finals.

"how troublesome..." I say sighing before feeling sad.

"it's been awhile since I heard you say that" choji tells me

I hear a gasp and its my mom.

"mom" I say realizing she probably felt extremely sad now

I had stopped saying that because everyone that knew her seemed to get upset.

"s-sorry Shikamaru Ill be back" she tells me

"what a drag" I say

ino looks at me frowns

"is that something your gunna be saying from now on?" she asks

"maybe" I tell shrugging

3rd P.O.V,

everything had calmed somewhat after the attack and it was time for the funeral.

everyone was dressed in black, and seemed gloomy

the sky rained down softly, not pouring but raining enough to make people leave.

Asuma, and Konoharmaru who was sobbing.

he had known what was gojng happen, his two best friends dragged home by their parents.

Konoharmaru felt lost, he didn't think that his great grandfather would be taken from him any time soon.

he turns and looks up and the boys hand that had been placed on his shoulder.

"N-narutooo" konohamaru cried wrapping his arms around the older boy who he admired so much

"your gunna catch a cold..." Naruto tells him

"I don't care.... I want him back" konoharmaru cries

"come on, lets go and get ramen" Naruto says but the boy doesn't let go he holds on still crying harshly.

Naruto sighs and walks with konoharmaru clinging to him like a monkey.

as Naruto walks he doesn't see as many villagers glaring, instead most are looking at the two boys in pity, a lot apologize to Konoharmaru for his loss.

which only makes the little boy cry harder

the two make it to narutos favorite ramen stand and they sit in silence after ordering, Konoharmaru now only letting out cries.

"its on the house" teuchi says as he serves the two.

"thanks" Naruto says as he picks up his chop sticks.