George Luz

Prompt: The war had ended and you were waiting for your best friend George Luz to return to Rhode Island.
💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

January 1942
After the attack on Pearl, your best friend George Luz signed up for the war. Now, two weeks later, he was about to be taken to Georgia for bootcamp. You would miss him of course, but its not like you wouldn't write to each other. He asked you to drive him to the boat and you agreed hesitantly.

You had been in love with George Luz for as long as you had known him and he had no clue and you didn't want him to go to war without knowing he had someone to come back to. The moment you stepped out of the car and saw the ship taking him from your small town in Providence, Rhode Island all the way south to Georgia is when the full impact of the war hit you. The picture in your pocket that you meant to give to him began to grow heavy. Tears were hot on your face and he turned to look at you. "Don't cry sweets." He attempted to comfort you but you could hear the break in his voice. "I'll be back and-" You cut him off suddenly. "I love you George. I'm sorry it took me so long to tell you but I just couldn't let you leave without telling you. In case..." His face was void of emotion. For a moment, you weren't sure if you were right to say anything at all. "Nevermind. Just forget abou-" "Now why would I do that doll. I love you too." He kissed you.

The kiss wasn't rushed or lustful. It was soft and slow and chockful of love. When he pulled back he had his famous George Luz smile on his face and his big, beautiful brown eyes were lit up like Christmas. "I'll write to you as soon as I can sweets. I look forward to coming back to you." He spoke softly as he held you close to his chest. Now he didn't even wanna go anymore. You nodded at his words and inhaled more of his scent. He smelled like chocolate and the camel cigarettes he always carried around. As he released you and picked up his bag to board the ship you tucked the photo of you in his pocket. He had taken it four days prior. You were playing the snow and as you stilled and stared at the flakes in awe, he snapped the most beautiful photo.

"You'll be an amazing paratrooper George."

💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢

January 1942
George had just arrived at Camp Toccoa for parachute infantry training. He was set to be a radioman in Easy Company. He had learned the whole company pretty quickly and make good friends with almost every single one of them.

Their C.O. Herbert Sobel was a jackass, that much was true after the first day. Next in Command, Dick Winters was kind and fair, each man respected him. The intelligence officer Lewis Nixon was a fun guy to be around but you would never find him without Winters. Bill Guarnere was insanely interesting. Especially if he got into a story telling mood. He was rude at times but George could already tell he had a soft heart. Joe Toye didn't want to be there, his entire attitude was a 'fuck this shit' attitude.

Carwood Lipton was the heart and soul of E Company and each man knew that. Joe Liebgott would fight anything for any reason. Always eager to punch something. George's closest friend Frank Perconte was the shortest of the men and had the most attitude. Donald Malarkey, Alex Penkala, and Skip Muck all kept to their small little group but George knew he liked their sense of humor already. E Company doctor Doc Eugene Roe was a shy man who never spoke louder than a soft whisper like tone unless necessary. Floyd Talbert and Shifty Powers were the awkard ones. No body seemed to mind though.

He wanted to write you as soon as he got to basic but Sobel made it exceedingly clear that the men were NOT paratroopers yet and had no personal property. They were not fully E Company yet and they knew it would take a lot of work to get there.

💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢

June 1945
It had been three years since the start of the war and since you had left to see George off at the docks. Three years. There were never any letters. You prayed with his mother every night that when you checked the mail the next day, you would not be sorrowfully greeted by a condolence letter. You were currently with his mother cooking dinner for the two of you and George's Grandma and siblings. His mother wiped her hands on her apron and walked quickly out of the room to answer the phone. You heard the door opened but thought nothing of it. You had assumed George's brother stepped out for a smoke.

When she returned she took your hands gently in hers. "Y/n. I need you to trust me. Close your eyes because I have such a big surprise for you." Your eyes closed gently and you allowed his mother to mead you to the living room. Her hand removed from yours and you took that as your cue to open your eyes. In front of you was George Luz on bended knee, a ring in his hand. "Marr-"

He had not a chance to get the words out before you had your arms flung around him and your lips pressed roughly together. "You don't even need to ask. Of course I'll marry you George Luz."