Floyd Talbert

Angstttttt. Can't guarantee a happy ending!! It's wherever the writing takes me.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

oh

oh

You were in love with Floyd Talbert. How long had you been in love with Floyd Talbert? Hell if you know. However, you suspect it was your first time running Currahee at Toccoa. You had fallen and scraped your knee running and he had patched your "boo-boo". You thanked him and he assured you the best way to thank him was over dinner on the next weekend pass trip the two of you took.

Of course, you guys didn't know it then, but that trip would not come until a little while after you had reached Aldbourne. He had taken you to some small, dim-lit diner, mosquitos biting at every piece of your exposed skin. He had stated that he would be bitten by a thousand mosquitos if it meant he got to spend every night with you. That was where the whole cat-and-mouse game began.

For Floyd, he had recognized his feelings in the same place. He had always known there was something special about you. Something that made you stand out from the other girls. When he saw your blush shining in the barely-visible restaurant lights, he knew that you were it for him. You were all he ever wanted or needed and he was gonna do everything in his power to keep you emotionally and physically untouched by this war. Unfortunately, everything in his power was not enough.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Floyd flirted with you. Extensively. You had always figured it was due to the fact that you were the only woman in the company. Now you had become a master at pushing your feelings for him aside and letting his compliments brush off your back. His sweet words no longer made you blush. And although he was teased about them among friends he had considered that you had simply lost whatever small feelings you may have had for him.

After watching Floyd get a bayonet to the stomach you figured there was nothing in this war that would be more heartbreaking than that. Coming that close to almost losing the love of your life to death. Seeing Floyd's lips lock intensely onto that of the Dutch woman on his lap though proved you wrong. He kissed her as if he had never even seen you. Like you had never existed. The thought of it made you shiver. Seeing it though, made bile rise in your throat.

And the jostling crowds combined with the singing and dancing were not helping.

He was forcefully pulled from her by a passing sergeant trying desperately to round up his men. It took a little but the sergeant successfully detached the two of them. As soon as Floyd looked up his eyes caught yours and his face paled. You had seen them. You were clearly upset and Floyd had made the stupid assumption that just because you didn't swoon or fall at his feet, that you didn't love him. That he was incapable of hurting you.

You studied him. You blocked out all of the surrounding nonsense focusing only on your shattered heart and the man holding the mallet. Your eyes traveled from the ground up glancing over his legs and his arms which clutched his helmet and M1 tightly. You finally started arriving at his torso and neck, feeling the breath catch in your throat. You silently prayed that this was all one big dream and that you would glance up and he would be smiling cockily at you. That he would throw you a flirty wink.

As soon as your eyes touched his face, you know that you had been wrong. Your eyes first noticed the smeared faint lipstick on his lips that was obviously the result of lips that had been smashed messily together. Then they flickered to his hair that was ruffled and messy, not naturally tamed like he normally kept it. Finally, your eyes met his. They held pain and regret and tears welled into your eyes. You held your hand to your stomach leaning over as you began to vomit.

You faintly heard your name being called by Floyd and heard his running footsteps towards you. Thankfully as he began to get close, you stood up straight pushing down the rest of the bile and flinging yourself into the arms of George Luz. He noticed your frazzled state and took you immediately to Doc. You chose to ignore the yelling of Floyd Talbert behind you.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Floyd knew that he had hurt you. By god he knew. The sight of you in so much discomfort and pain kept Floyd up at night more than the war did. All the men around you had noticed your change in attitude. You seemed much more broken now. They were undeniably not okay with what Floyd had done, but still, they knew, he knew, and you knew, the only way to fix you was with him. And he was the one person you wouldn't go near.

Now, there had been a field exercise. Another one. In a momentary lapse of peacefulness for Easy, it had been decided that there would be a field exercise. Of course. This time, the men were instructed to separate themselves into teams. Two separate teams. One side was being led by Bill Guarnere and the other led by none other than Floyd Talbert.

As you began to move over to where Bill was standing, Floyd grabbed onto your wrist. "Y/n! Wait a second. I know we haven't really been on the best of terms right now and we haven't really talked in a while after "the incident" but I miss you." You ripped your wrist from his hand and stared at him in shock. "Everything that has happened since then has been entirely your fault Floyd Talbert. Do you think that I don't want to forget the sight of that? Don't you think that if I could, I would move past this so I could hug you again? Or even just look at you without feeling like I'm being gutted a thousand times over? I miss my best friend. I miss the jokes. The smiles. The company in a cold and lonely foxhole. But I don't miss the cat and mouse game that got us here in the first place.

"I don't miss wondering when you were gonna be done toying with me and just leave me to my misery. I don't miss the agonizing pain that stings my chest every time I look at you and realize you're not mine and you never will be. I don't miss YOU, I miss us. Sitting here and listening to you talk about it like it was something tragic. Some accident,"

You heaved a breath into your lungs and bit back the tears. "like it's not entirely your fault."

He stepped towards you. "Y/n..." Was his only reply. The only thing he had to say to you.

"No Floyd! You broke me. You broke me and now you expect me to follow you into battle?

"No. The answer is no."

////////////////////////
Part 2?