Floyd Talbert

Prompt- Floyd took you laser tagging. It's a cute little fluffy moment. A bit of a modern AU set in the 1950s

♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️

You were restless in the car as you drove to Benny's Laser Tag. (Not even sure if thats a real place) Floyd's hand was resting on your thigh rubbing slow circles as the other one kept a firm grip on the wheel. "Im gonna kick your ass Tab." You told him playfully while using his nickname from the war. "Sure. If you do I'll put it in the letter to Major Winters. So you have your bragging rights." He shot back. "Please. Major Winters already knows I'm a much better shot than you." The smile that spread across your face made something in Floyd's stomach flip. He glanced over at you for a brief second and smirked to himself.

"What's wrong Tab? Scared I'm telling the truth?" "Nope. Smiling cause I know you're not." He said gently as he parked the car. You sat right in front of Benny's and usually you would have been almost at the door but Floyd's sharp grip on your leg kept you from moving. Or even wanting to move. Since the war, the two of you enjoyed moments like this. Sitting in a peaceful silence in his car while he held onto your leg and just marveled at your beauty. A smile on your face every time you asked him what he was staring at that made him so happy and he just answered with you.

No bullets, no mortars, nobody barking out orders at you or screaming for a medic. No war. Just you and him enjoying being alive. It was pure bliss. Floyd sighed and released your thigh hesitantly before exiting the car. He jogged in front of the car to your side to get your door for you right as you began to open it. Energy was radiating off of you as you started to drag Floyd toward the door of Benny's. He was laughing behind you and it warmed your heart to hear him so happy. He opened the door for you and you led him straight to laser tag.

It was the longest instruction video of your life. Floyd played with the hem of your shorts while your own hands tightly clutched at the cold metal of the dog tags around his neck. You didn't wear your tags often but Floyd almost always had his on. As the video finally came to a close, you walked into the slightly bigger room to receive your blasters and vests, trash talking along the way. Finally the game begin.

Your adrenaline was rushing and holding the gun whilst running around looking for enemies reminded you so much of the war. You and Floyd were on different teams but you had agreed to work together to take down the others. Currently you were in a predicament. There was a laser tagger in front of you and one behind you. You slowly inched forward. You silently thanked god as the tagger in front of you was revealed to be Floyd. He pulled you into a dark secluded corner just as the tagger behind you came running past you.

The smile on his face was large. He high fived you and planted a searing kiss on your lips. You pulled away half-dazed and still smiling. Then your vest was beeping at you and vibrating and Floyd retreated from you with a shit-eating grin.

That bastard had shot you.