inuckles| crash

ship: inuckles or zucktorious [zuckles & inotorious]
smut: nope
trigger warning: hospital, blood

Matt's POV

"I really enjoyed that," I said, softly gripping onto Mason's thigh and giggling. He always loved it when I held his leg or hand while driving, and today was just like every other day. Or at least I thought so.

"Me too. We should go on dates more often," Mason smiled and looked at the side mirror, his facial expression turned into worry.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I tried reading his face, but my eyes couldn't leave the road for more than a second.

"There's a.. a drunk driver, I think," he looked back, trying to see. I moved my eyes to the side mirror, seeing a car swaying left and right, catching up to me.

"What the fuck.." I muttered, pressing on the gas pedal.

"Okay, let's not race with a fucking drunk, please," Mason said and I looked at him. His blue orbs showed piles of concern, so I lifted my foot slightly off the gas.

"Thank you," he smiled and checked behind us for the driver.

"Huh, he's gon-" I turned my wheel suddenly to the right, moving away from the car next to us.

"What the fuck is his problem?" I yelled, trying to catch a glimpse of the owner of the car. It was a man, holding a bottle of.. cherry vodka?

"It's the fucking wasted driver," Mason muttered and started to touch his chest, making sure the seat belt was on.

"I hope he fucking crashes and eats shit."

He turned in front of us, cutting into the dispersed line of cars. It was a highway without traffic, but I didn't bother switching lanes. He was going fast enough for us to get home in time, and if I changed now, I'd have to change again later.

The driver started to go slightly left, but abruptly turned right to balance himself between the lines. It was frustrating, how stupid can someone be?

"Cam texted. He wants to know when we'll be home," Mason quietly said, his nose in his phone. I turned to him just for a second, but seeing his shocked expression after he raised his stare from the screen to the windshield, I turned back and saw the car in front of us drift and stop in the middle of the road.

Every thought in my head disappeared, and I did what my instincts told me to. Turn the wheel.

That resulted in the car flipping four times and crashing into another car. Time went unbelievably slow, I could see the tiny pieces of glass fly in front of me, quietly floating in the air. I didn't even feel pain, adrenaline's a hell of a drug.

After realising that the car finally stopped flipping, it luckily landed right side up, on it's wheels. The engine was smoking and sizzling, there was glass everywhere. My hand reached for Mason's thigh almost immediately. To my shock, he was unconsious. There was a huge cut on his forehead and from what I could see, a lot more injuries due to the glass.

A woman screaming into my ear waked me up from my daydream. My vision was blurry from the right side, but I stayed calm. I looked to my left and saw the lady with a horried expression.