22

[ b o n d i n g ]

Travis played the piano from his heart. I couldn't even tell you how beautiful that is. It just means so much to him. His way of venting is through music and mine is through art. Sitting here thinking about how much him and i are alike makes me wonder why the hell i would tell demon that i didn't love travis and we weren't talking. I really like him.. im just so stuck up and in my own problems..
"So, Zane. I have an idea for you.." Travis said to me, and he immediately started teaching me a song. Diamonds by Rihanna. I tried and tried, stretching my fingers and moving my hands in multiple directions. It wasn't perfect and he played to my tempo. Travis started singing as i played. He was melting my heart and i loved it. Then he started playing a different part and it caught me off guard- well a completely different sone. He started playing and singing Chandelier. I hesitated but he nodded for me to keep going so I tried. We were having a moment and the world around me was just getting so bright. It made me feel like i was on top of the world. He was the one i wanted and there was no question about that.
Travis Mathew Valkrum is the one i need.
At the end of our songs they happened to end on the same note and our hands touched. We both chuckled. Travis blushed and looked away. I noticed then and there my body was doing something again that I had no control over. I felt my hand reach up and caress Travis's warm cheek. He glanced back up at me, meeting my eyes.

I leaned in gently. . .

and I kissed his soft lips. . .

It was long and passionate kiss. I almost felt like 100 pound weights had been lifted off of my shoulders. I felt free. Time stopped. What seemed like the longest kiss was only a few seconds long but every second felt special. I stopped first and just looked at him. I didn't know what to say without being to cliché. We just kinda looked into each other's eyes and just got lost. His emerald, sparkling eyes were more beautiful than any gem I've seen. They were just glowing with passion. Im honestly surprised he was okay with it considering what just happened to him only hours before this..
Lucinda knocked on the door and we both jumped back into reality.
"Could I talk to you for a minute, Zane? It's about something you ordered." She must be talking about the potion for my gender problem. I nodded and told Travis to wait here. I could feel his eyes watching me as I left and I felt a sudden panic. He must be worried that she saw our little moment. Or he is pissed at me for toying with his feelings. Shit i have to stop being so impulsive!
"So what was that huh lover boy? Just friends still?" She smirked.
"Just friends.." I said kind of sarcastic. I wasn't sure if I should tell her that my body just did what it wanted to.
"Just friends my ass! You two just had the most tender moment I have ever seen! Ask him out!"
"Like on a date? Lucinda do you remember the last time you tried giving me dating advice? You and I have very different definitions of a date. And I think I like mine more than yours."
She made a pouty face. "Okay fine you big meanie. I have your potion done. I would take it now unless you want to tell him you're actually a woman. If not you better change your panties."
"Lucinda im not turned on."
"Are you sure??" She smirked again.
"It was one kiss, Lucy! Drop it. Before I drop you." I joked.
"You wouldn't drop your only side bitch." She said pushing me.
"Just give me the damn potion." I said and snatched it from her hands and stuffing it in my hoodie pocket.
"So, are you gonna ask him?" Lucinda said sounding very serious.
I looked at her and had a confused and undecided facial expression. "I guess i am.."
"Thats my boy!" She hugged me. "So whatcha gonna do? Dinner? Shopping? Coffee?"
"Well when we met we had coffee. I think i am gonna take him to a movie. First a movie marathon at my place."
"A movie marathon? Ok well is it at least a good movie series?" Lucinda asked somewhat nervous.
"Marvel."
"Marvel? Really Zane?"
"Yes? What?"
"You're such a nerd!"
"What everyone loves marvel! I want to take him to see Endgame everyone wants to see that!" I defend myself
"Everyone doesn't include me. Now go. Get out of my sites you nerd! Go ask him on a date." Lucinda smiled at me.
I turned and ran back to Travis who was playing the piano again.
"Travis.. travis i have a question.." i said out of breathe. the first time i said his name it came out a little too aggressive. Thank god my voice didn't crack though- that would have been worse. 
"Okay?" He said giggling.
"Would you..." i started suddenly realizing that my heart was racing and asking this simple question was a lot harder than i thought it would be.. "w-would you be interested in.. going on a d-date with me.?"
He blushed and hesitated to respond. "Yes..that sounds a-amazing.."
"I was thinking we could have a marvel marathon at my place then see Endgame the next day?"
"Endgame? You mean the three hour movie, endgame?" Travis gasped.
I nodded and smiled 
Suddenly we both heard something glass shatter on the ground and lucinda scream the F bomb.
"UGHHHH!! GOD DA— darnit." She said under her breathe. We both walked out and i saw she was trying to get down a bong and dropped it.
"Lucy? You ok?" I ask obviously feeling her pain.
"Yeah im fine.." she snapped and it was fixed.
"Drama queen." Zane said 
"Is that.. a thing for weed..?" Travis asked nervously. Lucy and i looked at each other and smirked.
"Yeah. Want some?" Lucy asked him with a really weird seductive voice, trying to convince him to try it. 
"Ummm.. i-idk..i just recently tried drinking for the first time the other night.." he said. She gave me a crystal bowl packed and ready to go, that i light and took a hit. After this morning and what is going on now i think i need it. There is no physical way Travis was going to be mentally okay after what my brother did to him, but anything to help him forget is what i wanted right now.  "Its good. Idk whats going on in your head but weed calms me down." I said to travis, which was kinda a white lie I just tried weed for the first time yesterday.
"I-I umm.. sure..." He said hesitant and hit my bowl. He coughed for five minuets straight and his eyes teared up.
"You okay, baby boy?" Lucinda laughed. Travis nodded.

~~~

Few hours later we were all toasted. Laughing, enjoying memes and old vines.
"Travis? Are you a virgin?" Lucinda asked him. He looked at her and laughed.
"yea.."
"Really?"
"Lucinda! Hes mine!" I said out of jealousy.
"Yeah, I haven't done anything on my own will. that still counts right?"
"Lucinda do you have any mac and cheese? Travis and I are getting the munchies." i tried changing the subject. I could tell that when he was under the influence he was still depressed but more in touch with his feelings and past, like he didn't care. I knew somewhere deep down he did though. 
"Yeah sure. Go make some." She said laying down.
"Behave while im cooking then." I said and walked to her kitchen starting to make Travis and I food to calm down our munchies. Im not sure why she couldn't just snap like she did earlier and there would be cooked mac and cheese in front of us but im thinking if she did something wrong while using magic and being under the influence it wouldn't end well.