Chapter I

September 1st, 1982

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Aspen Drusilla Malfoy was finally going to be starting Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizards. Her Aunt and Uncle were beyond terrified to send her.

One year ago her Aunt gave birth to her first baby and her aunt was reluctant to let her leave the house.

"Auntie Cissy I will be fine. Hogwarts is the safest place you and Uncle Lucius said it yourself." The young girl said as they walked through the barrier.

"The war just ended. We can't protect you while we aren't there." Narcissa tried to say but the young Malloy was already handing her stuff to be put on the train.

"I am going to Hogwarts. My mother went there along with you and my Uncle." Aspen had said and once Narcissa thought of Roxanne she knew she lost the battle.

"Fine but you must promise me you will be on your best behavior while you are at Hogwarts. Malfoy's have a name to keep with." She said and the young Malfoy stared at her Aunt with confusion.

"Do you think mum would care what house I'm in?" Aspen asked as he Aunt dusted a piece of lint off her shoulder.

"Your mother would not care. She was very kind and accepted people no matter what. Your father, on the other hand, would care." Narcissa said with a slight shake of her head.

"Good thing I don't know him then." Aspen spat out before Narcissa smiled softly.

"Promise you will write?"

"Almost every day. I love you, Aunt Cissy. Give Draco a hug for me." Aspen said as she gave her Aunt one last hug before she grabbed her purse and made her way into the train.

Even though they arrived half an hour early compartments were already beginning to fill up. The only one that had one person was at the end.

A young boy with bright ginger hair reading a book. Aspen raised a hand to knock and the boy smiled softly as she slid the door open.

"Do you mind if I sit here? Almost all the others are packed." She asked and the boy nodded.

"Sure." He said as he pointed to the seat that was free across from him.

"I'm Aspen. Aspen Malloy." She said as she held out her hand. The young boy stared at her hand before shaking it.

"William Weasley. But almost everyone calls me Bill." He said and Aspen smiled.

"What house were your parents in? Do they care what house you're in?" Aspen asked before she noticed the train began to move.

"My mum and dad were both Gryffindors. I don't think a single Weasley was not in Gryffindor." Bill said with a laugh.

"From what my uncle says my mother was a Slytherin. A kind one though." Aspen said as she thought of the woman she was shown in photographs.

"How old were you when she died?"

"I was one year old. I was given to my uncle. He was only seventeen. We learned together. He's the best." Aspen said before they fell into a comfortable silence.

It was six o'clock at night when the train arrived at Hogwarts

It was six o'clock at night when the train arrived at Hogwarts. They were lead to the boats by a man named Hagrid and almost died going under a bridge.

A woman named Professor McGonagall was waiting for them. She led them to the front of the Great Hall and Aspen stood by Bill

"Nervous?" He whispered and Aspen nodded.

"Beyond nervous." She said as the names began to be called.

"Aspen Malfoy," McGonagall called out and the entire place fell silent. Aspen made her way up to the stool with her head held high as she was taught.

She sat down and the hat was placed on her head.

Ah, another Malfoy. Your mother was Roxanne. The kindness Slytherin you could know. You would do wonders in that house. But no. Not that one. Hmm. Yes. Now I know. You belong in

"GRYFFINDOR!" The hat cried out and cheers broke out from the bronze and gold table. Aspen handed the hat back to her professor before sitting down with her new housemates.

Aspen watched as Bill sat down on the stool and the hat barely touched him before yelling Gryffindor. Aspen grinned before the boy sat beside her.

"Well, it looks like we are stuck together for seven years," Bill said and Aspen smirked at him.

"I think people are looking at me weird. A Malfoy in Gryffindor." She said as others joined the table.

"Show then you are more than a name."