Chapter XXXIII

Normal As Can Be 

November 1st, 1986

Aspen was not pregnant and she was relived. 

The muggle doctor had told her with all of the stress from school and family had caused her body to react. 

One Aspen found out she went to tell Bill right away and when she told him, Bill had shown her a box that had things that came from her mother. 

Aspen sat with Bill and Charlie in the Gryffindor Common Room looking through the boxes. 

"Did it say who it came from?" Aspen asked Bill who shook his head. 

"No, It was addressed to me. It said William Weasley, Gryffindor Common Room." Bill explained as he lifted his goblet and took a sip of it. 

"What's inside?" 

"My christening gown, a letter my mum wrote to my dad when she gave birth to me. A picture that I believe my dad took of my mum and me before she was killed and then another letter my mother wrote before she was killed." Aspen explained as she reached for the photo and smiled softly. 

"My Uncle always said my mother dressed more muggle than a witch. She always kept her hair gorgeous to the photos I saw." Aspen explained before she looked at the letters. 

"Who the hell would send this to Bill? Why Bill and why not you?" Charlie questioned and Aspen inhaled softly before grabbing the last letter. 

"Abby." 

'Your step-mother?" 

"Oliver said he has not heard from his mum since the letter came of Abby telling the Aurors to attack my step-father's manor. I mean listen to the last letter: 

Oscar, if anything happens to me please take Aspen. Raise her as we have always wanted her to be raised. With love and not the rules our families have imposed on us." Aspen read before looking at her boyfriend and Charlie. 

"Oscar said he would work from seven until five. When the mail came Abby must've grabbed them." Aspen explained as she felt the tears well up. 

"Charlie, can you get my brother for me?" Aspen asked as she wiped her tears away and placed the letters to the side. 

As Charlie stood up and walked up the staircase to Oscar Woods bedroom Bill sat beside Aspen and held her tightly in his arms. 

The pair had talked everything out and Aspen had agreed they both needed time alone and now that they both knew Aspen was not pregnant they could be together without any stress. 

Aspen heard the footsteps and smiled when she saw her younger brother walking with Charlie towards her. 

"Are you alright Aspen? Charlie said you needed to talk to me." Oscar asked and Aspen smiled as she held her hand out for Oscar and pulled him into a hug. 

"I need to ask you something and I want you to be as honest as you can be. If you do not feel comfortable you do not need to answer me." She said and Oscar raised an eyebrow at his sister before nodding. 

"Before the blow up between your mother and me, when mail would come who would grab it?" 

"Mum or me. Dad was at the office." 

"Have you seen this before?" Bill asked as he held my christening gown up for Oscar to see. My brother stared at it for a moment before shrugging. 

"It looks a bit like my christening gown but mine was shorter. Where did you get this?" 

"Someone sent Bill a box full of things that were mine. This is my christening gown along with a photo of my mum and me. Then two letters my mum wrote to your dad." Aspen explained and Oscar raised an eyebrow. 

"Your mum wrote to our dad?" 

"Yes, but I do not know if he ever got them. I haven't spoken to him since the blowout. Can you ask him?" 

"Yes, he has been asking for you, Aspen. You should write to him as well." Oliver said as he pulled away from his sister and made his way back to the staircase and to his room. Aspen stared at her brother for a moment before Charlie cleared his throat. 

"I may want to throw something out there. No one gets mad at me." 

"When you say that it seems like what you are going to say is going to make me get mad at you," Bill grumbled and Charlie quickly flipped his brother off. 

"What is it, Charlie?" 

"When your mum was attacked by the Aurors did your Uncle have a funeral?" He asked and Aspen stared at Charlie for a moment before she tried not to stutter. 

"I don't know. I was a year old I believe when my mother was attacked. My Uncle told me Dumbledore brought me from my step-father's manor and straight to my Uncles manor. I do not remember truly if there was a funeral." 

"Charlie, what the hell are you saying?" 

"I'm throwing the idea out there that Aspen's mum escaped the Aurors and she somehow found a way to getaway. Aspen, I'm saying maybe there is a chance your mother is alive and she sent these things to Bill in order for you to find out." Charlie explained but Aspen shook her head. 

"There's no way! My mum loved me! She did so many things to protect me!" 

"Exactly Aspen. She did so many things to protect you. She lied about who your father is to protect you. She was going to grab you the day those Aurors attack-" Charlie began before Aspen was standing in front of him with tears in her eyes. 

"Shut up! You do not speak about my mother! She is dead Charlie!" She cried out before Bill reached out and grabbed Aspen and pulled her closer to him. 

"Shh. It's alright." Bill whispered and Aspen let out a sob as she wiped her eyes. 

"You do not speak on my mother. Do you understand me." 

"Loud and clear Malfoy."