Chapter XXXVI

Christmas 

December 25th, 1986

Aspen normally loved Christmas. 

Growing up Uncle Lucius and Aunt Narcissa always had the biggest Christmas tree and Aspen was always allowed to helo decorate. 

She was always spoiled rotten with gifts. Whether it was toys, clothes, books, or shoes Aspen was always grateful. 

This year, however, Aspen did not want to celebrate Christmas. Early this month Aspen found out her mother was alive after believing she was dead for almost seventeen years. 

But Bill, Charlie, Marie, and Tonks were not going to let Aspen suffer alone. Aspen sat on the Gryffindor couches with Bill and Charlie as Bill passed out all of the gifts before he sat beside Aspen and the three Gryffindors began opening their gifts. 

"Your brother went home?" Charlie asked as aspen opened the fudge from Molly and plopped one into her mouth. 

"Yes, his grandmother wanted him there for the family dinner. His mother's mother." She explained and Bill nodded. 

"Did your dad send you something?" He asked as he opened his gift from Aspen and saw the set of quills he was eyeing the last time they went to Hogsmeade. 

Aspen smirked softy at him before looking at her small pile and found the package with her father's signature. 

She pulled it into her lap and began ripping the wrapping paper away. Inside the box was a gorgeous light blue blouse with long sleeves and white lace around the collar. 

"Oh this is so pretty," Aspen said as she pulled the blouse close to her. 

"You sure your father picked this out?" Charlie said earning him to get kicked by Bill. Aspen reached inside the box and pulled out a letter. Without responding to Charlie she opened the letter and began reading. 

Dear Aspen, 

Merry Christmas darling! Oliver told me you were spending Christmas at Hogwarts with the Weasleys as well as a couple of your friends. I remember the days I would stay at Hogwarts during the winter and I loved the view. 

When you get a chance go to the Astronomy Tower when the sun is starting to set and look at how amazing it looks with the snow. I hope you enjoy your blouse, I know that blue will look amazing on you. Your brother did help me pick it out as I was leaning towards a jumper. 

Aspen, I saw something that I think you should know. There was a gossip collum that wrote they saw a woman looking like Roxanne in Hogsmeade earlier this month. I do not know if this is true. Do not listen to these lies. 

I hope you enjoy your Christmas holiday and I hope to see you soon. 

Love, Dad

"He saw something in the Daily Prophet about Roxanne being seen in Hogsmeade," Aspen said and the Weasley brother's head shot up and looked towards her. 

"What else did he say?" 

"He said not to believe the lies. If only he knew it was true." 

"Have you told your uncle?" 

"No, how do I tell him his elder sister is alive. He worshipped the ground she walked on. She was his mother for such a long time." Aspen said before she shook her head and went to grab her next package. 

It was from her Grandmama Carrow. Aspen smiled softly as she carefully opened the package and grinned when she saw the leather books she has been wanting for such a long time. Also in the package were treats she has not had since she was a little girl. 

Happy Christmas Aspen. I miss you very much. -Grandmama Carrow

"She still sends you things?" Charlie asked and Aspen nodded as she handed Bill a sweet. 

"She tells me I will always be her granddaughter." Aspen said with a smile before she got to the gift that Bill gave her. 

Inside the package was a framed photo of Bill and Aspen last month playing in the hills near Hagrid's hut. 

Aspen grinned when she saw the photo before she flipped it over and saw Bill's hand writing

Merry Christmas my darling. I love you. -Bill 

Aspen looked over at Bill who was struggling to put his new jumper on earnin Aspen to laugh softly before she reached over and helped him. 

"Do you like the photo? Took me forever to get Marie to give it to me." He said as he pulled Aspen closer to him. 

"I do love it thank you." Aspen whispered and Bill stared at her for a moment before pressing a kiss to her forehead. 

"I love you." 

"I love you too." 

"Please stop before I barf." Charlie groaned as he threw himself backwards. 

"You are going to barf because you ate all the fudge mum sent you and half of mine!" Bill hissed and Aspen quickly turned to Charlie. 

"Come near my fudge and I will hex you." 

"But mum makes the best fudge and she only sends me so little!" 

"Because if she sends you more we would have to roll you everywhere!"