Chapter XXVII

Summer 

June 30th, 1986

Aspen sat outside with her Aunt Cissy and watched as Draco rode around on his toy broom. 

School had just finished just last week and Aspen was patiently waiting for her results of her O.W.Ls. 

On her lap laid a muggle book Bill had gotten Aspen for her love of books called Many Waters by Madeleine L'Engle. As Aspen placed her bookmark on Chapter four she reached for her glass of iced tea before she heard a caw from an owl. 

Both Aspen and Narcissa looked up and when they saw the normal brown barn owl that carried letters from Hogwarts Narcissa grinned as she looked at her niece. 

"Looks like you are getting your O.W.Ls very soon." She said as the owl swooped down and dropped the letter on Aspen's lap. 

Aspen placed the book on the table before grabbing the envelope and carefully slicing the top open. She took the papers out and smiled. 

"Read them out loud darling." Aunt Cissy said as she stared at her niece. Aspen nodded as she reached the bottom of the paper that said her grades. 

"To Aspen Malfoy, 

Inclosed below are your results from you O.W.Ls examination: 

Astronomy- Exceeds Expectations

Charms-Outstanding

Potions- Outstanding

Transfiguration- Exceeds Expectations

Herebology- Outstanding

History of Magic -Acceptable

Care of Magical Creatures - Outstanding

Muggle Studies- Outstanding

Ancient Runes - Exceeds Expectations" 

"Wonderful job Aspen!" Narcissa said as she stood up and pulled her niece into a tight hug and kissed her forehead. 

"I honestly thought I was going to fail History of Magic," Aspen said with a smile before handing her aunt the letter to look over it. 

"Aspen look at these grades! You only have one acceptable and the rest are amazing!" She said before she looked at her watch and smiled. 

"Come, your Uncle should be getting home from work now and we can show him," Narcissa said as she grabbed Aspen's hand. 

Aspen reached for her book and had to jog in order to keep up with her aunt's pace. As they entered inside the cool air hit Aspen and she smiled softly before taking the familiar way to her Uncle's office. 

She watched as the fireplace lit up and out stepped her Uncle. 

"Is everything alright?" He asked when he saw his wife and niece standing there waiting for him. 

"Aspen got her O.W.L results! Look at them!" Narcissa explained as she practically threw the letter in her husband's face to show him the results. Lucius took the letter and read over it before smiling. 

"This is amazing Aspen! These are close to the grades your mum got her fifth year. I'm proud of you!" He said and Aspen stared at her Uncle for a moment before smiling. 

"Thank you Uncle. That means a lot to me." She whispered as her Uncle pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead.

"You deserve something! What would you like? A new broom for Quidditch?" He asked and Aspen grinned. 

"Can Aunt Cissy and I go shopping in Paris?" Aspen asked and Narcissa's eyes widen before smirking. 

"Sure! I'll take money out of the vault over the weekend and you guys can leave and stay at the townhouse in Paris." Lucius stated and Aspen nodded. 

"I'm going to go to my room and right to Bill and tell him my results and see if he got him yet." She said before turning and walking out of her Uncle's office leaving the couple to talk. 

As Aspen entered her room she quietly shut the door and made her way to her desk before sitting down. 

She pulled out the cream stationary her Aunt had recently gotten her and pulled out the blue quill she stole from Bill and had no plans of ever returning to him. 

Dear Bill, 

I just got my O.W.Ls results and quickly wanted to share them with you. I got Exceeds Expectations and Outstanding in almost all of my classes. The one class we both knew I wasn't going was History of Magic where I barely managed an Acceptable. 

Uncle Lucius and Aunt Cissy are treating me to go shopping and I was hoping if your parents would let you, you could come with us to Paris for the weekend. 

Let me know if you can. 

I love you, 

Aspen

Aspen folded up the letter before placing it in an envelope and wrote Bill's name before standing up and bringing it to Sir Knight. 

"Bring this straight to Bill and wait for a response," Aspen ordered and her owl hooted softly before pecking Aspen's hand with love. 

Aspen wrapped the letter to Knights' feet before opening the window and watched as he took off into the air. 

A/N: Hello guys! I know it's been a very long time since I have updated and I am so sorry! But I am slowly running out of ideas! So if you have any please leave them in the comments and I will try my hardest to add them into the story!