Chapter XXXVIII

July 17th, 1971

January 10th, 1986

Roxanne stared at Lucius, Narcissa, and Aspen as we all sat down in the sitting room.

"Well? Start from the beginning." Aspen said and Lucius shot her a look before turning to Roxanne.

"Do you remember everything?"

"I do. Alexander had just sent an owl saying he was at a meeting with the dark lord and it was running late, to try and not wait up for him." Roxanne began as she looked towards the fire.

"I was in the nursery with you Aspen."

"But you weren't alone. I've read the reports someone else was with you."

"Yes, Bellatrix was with me. She had just married Lestrange and he wanted her to see how to be a proper pureblood wife. But Bellatrix cared nothing for children." She whispered before she felt a breeze and shivered.

"My sister never told me she was there. She got arrested ten years later." Narcissa said and Roxanne shook her head.

"I didn't want her anywhere near Aspen. I hated it when Alexander arrived with her. It was always a rumor they were lovers. I sent her downstairs to go get Aspen's bottle when I heard a crack."

"Someone apparted in?" Aspen asked and Roxanne turned to her daughter and nodded.

"I think so. I was rocking you, trying so hard to get you to sleep, you were teething badly at the time. When I heard the crack I put you back in your crib and reached for my wand."

"I remember walking to the door, it wasn't closed all the way, and I could hear Bella walking back to the stairs. At the time she wasn't involved in anything with the dark lord like Alexander was. I think they grabbed her to get her out."

"I remember that. She arrived at our parent's house pissed off. She thought our father sent someone to get her. They fought for hours." Narcissa cried out and Aspen reached out to grab her aunt's hand.

Roxanne stared at them for a moment and tried to ignore the pain in her chest. She knew she wouldn't be this close to her child.

"When I heard the crack again I knew something was wrong. When I went to turn back to grab you, Aspen, the door was blown open and Mad-Eye Moody was standing there pointing his wand at me."

"Did he say why he was arresting you?"

"Never got a chance. Alexander apparted in and took one look at someone pointing their wand at his wife and child and hexed Moody. I saw him going flying over the banister. I grabbed Aspen and looked at Alexander. He smiled and told me to run. To get to Lucius."

"To me?"

Roxanne stared at her little brother and smiled. To her, he would always be the surprise baby her mother had.

"Alexander and I had an agreement. If anything was to happen to us. You were to take Aspen and raise her as your own. Which you have done, and I can always be grateful for that." Roxanne explained and Aspen lifted her head.

"Did you know something would happen?"

"When dealing with the dark lord you always be on your toes. So I ran. I made it to the fireplace when something took you out of my arms. I didn't see anything but I saw you get lifted out of my arms."

"I screamed and reached for my wand. You were given to someone, a woman, and I ran after you. I saw a flash of red and I was terrified they were hurting you. I felt pain and I dropped to my knees. Next thing I knew I woke up in a cell."

"They took you to Azkaban?"

"No, I've seen photos of Azkaban and paintings. No this was a room in someone's home. When I opened my eyes I saw her."

"Saw who?"

"Abigail right? Wicked Step-mother." Aspen said and I nodded.

"She was in love with Oscar and I knew it. But I loved him too. She knew about our secrets relationship and I didn't care. I knew I would always marry Alexander but I wanted to know what true love was."

"Wait? How the hell did Abigail get you? When Dumbledore came and brought Aspen to me he said you were dead! Who's body did I bury?!" Lucius yelled as he stood up and Aspen quickly jumped to bring him back in his seat.

"A fake. Someone else she killed. I remember waking up and seeing her sitting in front of me. She had an engagement ring and she was staring at it. It took her a while to see I was awake. Then she smirked and said 'Now, with you out the way. I can have my life.'"

"She planned all of this? Abigail Wood? She was an innocent little Ravenclaw. I tutored her last year in potions." Narcissa said and Roxanne sighed.

"Always knew that half breed was evil. When I asked where you were Aspen, she just smirked at me. I swore she killed you." Roxanne cried out as she felt the tears build up.

"But she didn't. I was given to Uncle Lucius. But I don't understand, Abigail worked with the Aurors."

"Yes, up until she had Oliver, your brother. She had me locked up for a good thirteen years before I was able to get away."

"I was fourteen. I'm sixteen now. Where the hell have you been for the past two years of my life." Aspen cried out and Roxanne sighed.

"I was terrified. Lucius moved manors and I didn't know what happened with you. But then I saw you one day, in the market with a red hair boy."

"Bill. You saw me with Bill."

"You were younger I think maybe two years or even one. I saw the way he looked at you when you pointed to a book that had just come out. Oscar looked at me the same way. I knew you were fine and Abigail lied to me."

"Two years ago. That's when Aspen found out Alexander wasn't her father." Lucius whispered.

"Abigail came to me the day you wrote to her and shoved it in my face."

"Letter?"

"It had your name signed on it. You wrote to Oscar and asked him if it was true. If he fathered my only child. She was so angry, she had my wand the entire time and when she was ranting she dropped it. I was never tied up so I grabbed it and hit her with an old hex."

"Oliver said she was gone for a while. Did you send Bill and me all those things? The box?"

"The photo of you and I yes. Box no. When I escaped I went to Carrow Manor and everything was destroyed. Lady Carrow said she kept everything the same until the day you came of age Aspen or Alexander was released."

"So who the hell sent those things?"

"Abigail. She sent everything and she had destroyed everything." Aspen said before she stood up. Roxanne saw the tears in her eyes and wanted so badly to bring her daughter into her arms.

"I can't hear this anymore. I can't." She cried out and Narcissa stood up and pulled Aspen into her arms.

"Come upstairs. I'll set a hot bath for you. Soon you need to return to Hogwarts."

Roxanne watched her daughter for a moment before turning to Lucius.

"Lucius."

"I'll show you to your room, Roxanne. You look like you haven't slept in years."