Chapter XXXV

Hogsmeade 

December 13th, 1986 

Aspen held onto her coat as her, Marie, Tonks, and Bill were walking the small bridge towards Hogsmeade. 

"So why is it you are here with us Tonks and not Charlie?" Marie asked as she looped arms with Aspen. 

"Well, when we got caught I transformed into Filch and Charlie just stood there." 

"Wait, I thought Filch caught you two?" Aspen asked and Tonks smirked. 

"Exactly, Filch thought Charlie was pulling a prank on him and got even more pissed. McGonagall didn't believe him at all." Tonks said trying hard not to laugh. 

"My brothers, they all aren't as smart as I am," Bill said before they got to the center of Hogsmeade. 

"Where to first? Three Broomsticks, Zonkos, or the clothing shop?" Bill asked and all three girls quickly said the clothing shop. 

"I'm going to Zonko's. How about we meet up in an hour to get some lunch or some drinks?" He offered and Aspen smiled before she leaned over and kissed her boyfriends cheek. 

"See you then!" 

The three girls quickly took off towards the store and Marie quickly had to grab Tonks so the poor Hufflepuff girl would fall flat on her face. 

"I am going to make a spell and put you in a bubble Nymphadora! I swear!" Marie said as they stepped into the shop and the warmth hit them. 

"Do not call me Nymphadora!" Tonks hissed as her red began turning a slight shade of red. 

"Enough you two! Now let us look for some new dresses. My old ones are now way to short for me." Aspen said as she broke away from the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff and moved towards the dresses. 

Aspen could see an older woman looking through the dresses and for a moment froze at the hair that looked very similar to her own hair. Aspen stared at the women for a moment before she shook her head and went to grab the red dress as the women did as well. 

"I'm sorry ma'am," Aspen said as the elder women dropped her hand. The woman looked up and Aspen gasped when she saw the woman staring at her. 

"Roxanne?" Aspen said and the older woman stared at the young Malfoy

"Hello, Aspen." 

"You're dead. Uncle Lucius says your dead. He buried you. I visit your grave on your birthday every year." Aspen said as she held onto her bag and stepped backward. 

"Aspen? Are you alright?" Aspen heard Marie call out as she walked closer and froze when she saw her best friend dead mother in front of her best friend. 

"Isn't she supposed to be dead?" 

"Marie, you look just like your mother," Roxanne said and Aspen felt the tears welling up in her eyes. 

"Why?" Was all that came out of the poor girl's mouth. 

"Aspen, please. There is so much I need to tell you but I do not have much time." 

"Why do you keep looking over your shoulder?" Marie snapped and Roxanne flinched a little. 

"Marie Rosier, you truly are the daughter of Alexia and Elias Rosier. Just the temper I remember so well." Roxanne spat before she turned to her daughter. 

Nymphadora heard the yelling and soon came and saw Aspen in tears. She wrapped her arms around her cousin and held her close. 

"Why?" Aspen asked again and Roxanne turned to her daughter. 

"I swear Aspen I will tell you the truth. You're my daughter." roxanne cried out as she went to touch Aspen but Nymphadora quickly pulled her away.

"No! You aren't. A mother would not let their child think they are dead for so long." Nymphadora said as she went to usher Aspen out of the shop but Aspen broke free and stared at her mother.

"Does he know? Does Oscar know you're alive?" 

Roxanne froze at that name before sighing softly. 

"You know the truth." 

"Of course she does! She is brilliant and figured it out! It was no thanks to you Miss Roxanne. All thanks goes to her Uncle Lucius." Marie hissed as she stood to Aspen's left and Nymphadora on Aspen's right. 

"Oscar does not know the truth." 

"Did you send me that box?" 

"What box?" 

"Did you send me that box?!" Aspen screamed as she stepped towards her mother but Marie and Nymphadora quickly grabbed her and yanked her back. 

"She isn't worth. Come, let's go find Bill." Marie whispered as Aspen let Nymphadora drag her out of the shop. 

Marie whirled around at Roxanne who was pulling the cloak over her. 

"Who the hell are you hiding from? You-Know-Who is dead, Harry Potter killed him." Marie hissed and Roxanne let out a bitter laugh. 

"He was not the only evil one among the dark side. Please Marie, tell Aspen I will explain everything. I just-I've been here too long. I knew it was a mistake to come see her." 

"She is your daughter! You're flesh and blood! How could you have left her?!" 

"I left my child to protect her!" Roxanne screamed earning people to turn to them. 

"I do not owe you an explanation Rosier. You might as well as your parents or maybe your Uncle. They were on the dark side as well. Your family isn't all that innocent as you think." Roxanne snapped before she apparted out of the shop. 

Marie stayed there for a moment staring at the spot where Roxanne Malfoy stood before shaking her head. 

She wrapped her jacket around her and held her purse close to her before going to rush and comfort her best friend.