Chapter XIII

Meeting Him

April 15th, 1986

Aspen let go of her Uncle's hand as she stared at the house in front of her.

Her father's house. Oscar Wood.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Lucius asked his niece as he pushed a piece of her hair away from her face.

"I want to hear his side." Aspen whispered and Lucius nodded.

"He has Floo. So when you are ready to leave just use the fireplace." He said and Aspen nodded as she reached up and kissed her Uncle's cheek.

"I'll see you later." She said as she fixed her shirt and stepped towards the house. Aspen heard the pop of her Uncle leaving.

Once she got to the door she stood frozen for a moment wondering if this was the right thing to do. Aspen inhaled deeply before raising her hand and knocking softly.

She stepped back and waited before Oscar Wood opened the door. He froze slightly when he saw her.

"May I help you?" He asked and Aspen stared at her father.

"My name is Aspen Malfoy. My mother was Roxanne Malfoy. And you are -"

"Your father," Oscar said and Aspen nodded as she fidgeted with her hair. Oscar stared at his daughter for a moment as he felt the tears well up in his eyes.

"My god. You really do look exactly like her." He said and Aspen smiled.

"Uncle Lucius tells me that every day," Aspen said and Oscar cleared his throat.

"Come in! Come in! It's a bit chilly out here." Oscar said as he opened the door and led Aspen into the sitting room.

Aspen stopped when she saw a boy with Oscar's hair sitting on the sofa and froze in her spot.

"Aspen, this is Oliver. He is your little brother." Oscar said as he came up behind Aspen.

"Sister? I have a sister" Oliver asked and when Aspen looked in front of her the little boy was standing in front of her. Aspen smiled at him for a moment before turning to him.

"How old are you?"

"I'm ten. I start Hogwarts next year. My name is Oliver Wood. And you are my sister, what's your name?" He asked and Aspen grinned at him.

"My name is Aspen Malfoy. I have my mothers last name." Aspen explained and Oliver smiled at his sister.

"I am so happy you two are getting along! My wife Abigail is visiting family in France right now. But she knows all about you! I've seen you in the Daily Prophet." Oscar rambled before taking a deep breath and sighing.

"You must have so many questions for me, Aspen. Oliver, start the tea while I speak to your sister." Oscar said as he motioned for Aspen to sit down.

She sat on the sofa and Oscar sat on the opposite side of her.

"Why did you never come to me when my mum died?"

"Oh, I tried. Your mother said if she ever died her brother got you. I tried to fight it for years but in the end, I lost." Oscar began before looking at Aspen.

"You look so much like Roxanne. I loved her so much and I tried to propose to her when she got pregnant with you."

"Why didn't she say yes?" Aspen whispered and Oscar stared at his daughter for a moment before reaching into his pocket and pulling out his wallet. He reached inside and pulled out a photo.

"I loved your mum so much

"I loved your mum so much. She said no in order to protect me. The war was beginning and people started rumors of us. Your grandfather already hit her and I didn't want anything to happen to her."

"She was brilliant, her mind worked in such a different way. When I heard she was killed I was destroyed for a while."

"You really loved my mum?" Aspen whispered as the tears welled up in her eyes. When Oscar looked at her Oscar had tears falling down as well.

"I wanted to marry her. She was my best friend." He said before Oliver came into the living room and handed Aspen a cup of tea.

"I always wanted to meet you. For two months all I wondered was if you wanted to meet me too."

"I always went to your Uncle's office to ask him of you and he always kept me updated," Oscar said as Aspen took a sip of her tea.

"Truly?"

"Yes, you are my daughter Aspen and I am so happy to meet you." He said and Aspen smiled softly.

"I am happy to meet you guys as well. For a while, it was just me, Uncle Lucius, Aunt Cissy, and my cousin Draco." Aspen said and Oliver grinned.

"Now you have a little brother who will soon be in Hogwarts with you."

"Hopefully you will be in Gryffindor with me."

"You're in Gryffindor, that was my house."

"I know, Uncle Lucius says I am the first Malfoy not to be in Slytherin," Aspen stated with a smile.

"Well, all of my family has been in either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. We are flipping a coin with Oliver over here." Oscar said and Aspen grinned.

"He will be perfect in any house," I said and Oliver smiled at me.

"I have a sister! That is so weird!"

"Trust me, Oliver, I know weird."