Chapter XXXIV

Classes

November 28th, 1986

Aspen wrapped her arm around Alexandra's as the two of them left Charms class and began their way to The Great Hall for lunch.

As Aspen and her friends were in their sixth year they were now focusing more on classes that would be more to their career. Aspen could not decide whether she wished to be an Auror or a Cursebreaker.

McGonagall had told Aspen when they met the middle of her fifth year that they both needed the same classes.

Alexandra wished to be a healer much like her mum was during the first war and wanted to do the same.

"Herbology has been killing me. Sprout gave us a three scroll essay." She complained as they walked down the stairs.

"Oh merlin. I have her tomorrow morning." Aspen groaned and Alexandra giggled before looking over her roommate and smiled.

"You seem happier."

"I am. I have a clean bill of health as the muggle doctor told me. I just nearly had a breakdown." She explained and Alexandra grinned.

"Good, I need one of my closest friends on her A-game. Especially with my Quidditch game tomorrow against the Snakes." She said as they entered the Great Hall and the loud chatter engulfed them.

"Make sure to throw a bulger or two at Roberto," I said as we sat across from Charlie and Bill.

"I'll throw one myself. Why did you quit?" Charlie asked as he shoved a piece of chicken into his mouth.

"Stop talking with your mouth full. I quit because I am taking so many classes and with the stress of everything I just don't have time for it Charlie. I did it last year and I enjoyed it but it's more to pass time." I explained and Charlie faked grabbing his heart earning me to flip him off.

"My girl has a beautiful and brilliant dance. leave her alone Charlie." Bill said as he reached for his pumpkin juice and sipped softly.

I reached for two sandwiches and grapes and began eating.

"How was Charms?" Bill asked and Alexandra rolled her eyes.

"Why do you keep skipping? Flitwick knows you are fine because he can see you from his seat at the Professor table."

"Listen after that last class when he scared me singing for my birthday and I knocked him off his still with my textbook I can't look him in his face." Bill groaned and Charlie let out a roar of laughter.

"You didn't tell me you hit him with your textbook!"

"It was funny yet sad. We had to rush to get Madam Pomfrey because he was passed out." I explained as I popped two grapes in my mouth and Bill glared at me.

"You are supposed to be on my side, Aspen! You're my girlfriend."

"I am on your side Bill but when you do dumb things like that I can't be on your side." aspen explained and Alexandra high-fived her before they heard a low grumble.

"Miss Malfoy." A Cool voice said and Aspen turned behind her and looked to see Professor Snape looking down at her.

"Professor Snape. Is something wrong?"

"Not at the moment. Possibly when you get into my classroom later today. A letter arrived to me but addressed to you" Snape explained and Aspen raised an eyebrow at him.

"A letter? For me?" aspen asked as Professor Snape handed the letter to her.

"Yes, why it was given to me I do not know. I shall see you in potions Malfoy." Snape said before he turned and made his way towards the Professor tables.

Aspen stared after her professor for a moment before looking down at the letter in her hands.

"Why would a letter that was meant for you be given to Snape?" Charlie asked as he lifted a chicken leg to his mouth. Aspen looked over the letter before sighing.

"Because it wasn't sent via owl-like every single letter. We would see the claw marks. There is none on this."

"Meaning someone came into Hogwarts and put this in Professor Snape's office." Both Charlie and Alexandra said. Aspen nodded as she grabbed a small knife and sliced the envelope open before pulling the cream parchment out.

A scent hit Aspen causing her to freeze.

"Love? What is it?" Bill asked as he saw the look on her face.

"It smells like her."

"Like who?"Alexandra questioned but Charlie motioned for her to hush.

"My mother. I do not remember a lot but I remember her smell." She whispered before she opened the letter.

Aspen,

Stop looking. You do not know the danger that shall come with you knowing the truth.

"What does it say?" All three Gryffindors said before Aspen spun the parchment around.

"Whoever sent this told me to stop looking. That danger shall come if I do not."