Chapter III

November 10th, 1984

Fourteenth Birthday

"Happy Birthday!"

Aspen jumped up from her bed and saw Bill and Charlie Weasley standing above her.

"It is seven in the morning on a Saturday. Why must you wake me and how did you get up here?" Aspen asked as she grabbed her pillow and covered her face.

"Because of my dear friend. You are now fourteen years old. Do you not wish to go to Hogsmeade for our first trip?" Bill asked and that made Aspen sit up.

"I'll be here in the tower preparing all your gifts to give you," Charlie said with a smile before he brought out a cupcake that was lit.

"Also make a wish." He said and Aspen couldn't help but grin as she closed her eyes and blew the candle out. Charlie took a bit of the frosting and spread it on Aspen's face.

"Mum sent the usually. Extra jumper along with some fudge. But she also sent you some of that perfume you loved." Charlie said and Aspen quickly reached for the package and tore into it. She shoved two pieces in her mouth before shoving the two Weasleys brothers out of her room as she rushed into the bathroom.

"You like her don't you?" Charlie asked as the boys scaled the railing to go back downstairs.

"What?"

"Aspen, you like Aspen," Charlie said as he watched his brothers face turn red.

"You mention anything to her and I will skin you alive," Bill said before they heard footsteps and the pair turned to see Aspen wrapped up in her winter clothes.

"Let's go, Weasley! It is my birthday and I plan on celebrating every moment." Aspen said with a smile on her face.

"And celebrating you shall. Wait until I'm a third year Aspen. I'll take you on better dates that William over here can." Charlie said making Aspen laughed before she grabbed Bill's hand and the pair rushed to Hogsmeade.

Aspen and Bill were freezing by the time they walked up to the Owlery at four in the afternoon

Aspen and Bill were freezing by the time they walked up to the Owlery at four in the afternoon. After successfully shopping and begging Bill to have lunch with her the pair was visiting Aspen's owl, Sir Knight.

"Alright, Sir. Do you have any birthday packages for me?" Aspen whispered as she handed her owl a handful of treats. Sir Knight hooted happily in his bed before nudging over a small package with letters tapped on.

"Who wrote that one?" Bill asked as he nodded to the colorful markers.

"Draco. My baby cousin. He is now three and my Uncle wants him to start learning how to write." Aspen said with a smile before the two Gryffindor friends began their descent down to the Great Hall.

Aspen finally took her Aunts letter and tore it open.

Dear Aspen,

Happy fourteenth birthday my darling girl! Oh, I hope you are having fun with that Rosier girl and try not to get in trouble. Draco sends his love as you saw with his 'letter'. He cannot wait for you to come home for the summer holidays. Your Uncle and I were wondering if there was a possibility you could stay at school for the Christmas holiday.

You know how he gets when people ask you about Hogwarts and he still can't believe you were sorted into Gryffindor. Your mother would've smacked him silly and proudly boasted to everyone how brilliant you are. Oh, I love you so much my darling. I'll see you at the end of the school term.

Aunt Narcissa.

"Well guess I'm staying at Hogwarts for Christmas," Aspen said and Bill stared at her.

"Why? Is your Uncle still upset you being a Gryffindor?" He asked and Aspen shrugged.

"I'm used to it. Promise you'll write and tell me about Christmas at the Burrow." She said but Bill grinned.

"Spend Christmas with us. I'll write to Mum and ask her and I know she'll say yes." He said as the doors opened and the quickly sat by Charlie.

"Mum will say yes to what?"

"Aspen's Uncle doesn't want her home for Christmas and she was going to stay here alone," Bill said making me kick him under the table.

"Oh, Mum will say yes. Bill talks about you all the time in letters so I bet she's dying to meet you." Charlie said earning a laugh from the blonde and for the redhead to glare at his brother.

Aspen looked down at her letter before freezing. Attached was a photo of a woman with Aspen's eyes and pure blond hair.

"Aspen?" Charlie asked as the pair saw her freeze.

"This is my mum. This is Roxanne." Aspen said as she showed the others the photo.

"You look like her," Charlie said as he passed the photo to Bill who smiled

"You look like her," Charlie said as he passed the photo to Bill who smiled. He saw Aspen's eyes in Roxanne and that smirk.

"You look a lot like her Aspen. You have her eyes and smile." Bill said as he carefully placed the photo down.

"I just wish she was here. And that I knew my dad."