Chapter XXVI

Plans

May 30th, 1986

Aspen, Marie, and Bill threw themselves in the grass beside the Great Lake. Each has just finished a certain O.W.L exam.

Bill had just returned from his practical Potions exam. Marie had just returned from her practical Defense Against the Dark Arts Exam and Aspen had just returned from her practical Charms exam.

"How many more do we have left?" Marie asked and Aspen sighed.

"Monday is our last exam. We all have Transfiguration because McGonagall hates us all." She said and Bill chuckled.

"Merlin my brain hurts. Along with my hand. Writing so damn much I have a cramp in my hand." Bill said and Aspen moaned out in pain as she sat herself up and took her robe off along with her tie.

"One more exam and then we are done. Actually done." She said and Marie chuckled.

"And then we are all safe for a year until N.E.W.Ts," Marie said and Aspen stared at her for a moment before pulling a piece of her hair.

"Ow! Bloody hell Aspen. Do you yank on Bill's hair like that?"

"No, I scratch but I'm pretty sure you and Flint pull one another's hair," Aspen said and Bill winced before covering his ears.

"I heard something I shouldn't have!" He said and Marie chuckled.

"So are we going to talk about our summer plans. I am still having my aunt's summer home in Paris." Marie explained as she rose up to her elbows and stared at the couple.

"My aunt and Uncle already said I could go. But only for about ten days. We are going to Fiji in August." Aspen said with a grin before she turned to Bill.

"Mum and Dad agreed as well. They already know I am going to get a couple of good O.W.Ls so this is their treat for me." Bill said and Marie nodded.

"Alright. For us to have it to ourselves would have to be at the beginning of July while my aunt is in the states."

"What is she doing in the states?" Aspen asked as she reached out for Bill's hand who gladly took it.

"Seeing her girlfriend. She acts like we don't know but we all do." Marie said as she stood up and shrugged her robe, tie, shoes, and socks off.

"If you jump into the lake I won't go in after you," Aspen said as she placed herself on Bill's lap.

"You won't have to. Nothing will come after me while I am in the lake." Marie said before she dove in. Aspen shook her head at her best friend before she turned to Bill.

"Sometimes I wonder if just for a little bit she had mere-people blood inside of her," Bill said and Aspen nodded as she leaned her head onto his chest.

"Could be. Knowing a lot of pureblood families they hook up with unknown things." Aspen said before she closed her eyes and let the cool breeze hit her face.

"So beside Paris and Fiji. What else do you have planned for the summer?" Bill asked and Aspen opened one eye before sighing.

"Oscar wants me to visit him. But I told him I don't know. Uncle Lucius is letting me bring Oliver with us to Fiji so we can know each other better." Aspen explained but when her shoulders slumped Bill quickly wrapped his arms around her and sighed.

"I know you will hate me for what I am about to say but you need to hear it. You can't hate Oliver for what Abigail did to your mother. He didn't know anything. I get you are angry but not at him. You have longed for such a long time for him to be in your life. Don't push him away." Bill said and Aspen sighed as she stared out to the Black Lake and smiled when she saw Marie's head come from under the water.

"I'm not angry about that anymore. I'm angry he let Abigail disrespect me. But you are right. Somehow you are always right." Aspen said and Bill chuckled as he pressed a kiss to the back of her neck.

"I know. Just wait until we are out of school before speaking to Oliver again." Bill said as Aspen climbed off of Bill's lap and started to collect her things.

"You are going to steal Marie's things as well aren't you?" Bill asked and Aspen grinned before grabbing the Ravenclaw's shoes, robe, and bag before she dashed to the school.

"Wait for me!" Bill said as he jumped up and raced after Aspen as the pair heard Marie climb out of the lake and scream for Aspen to bring her stuff back.

Once inside the halls of Hogwarts Aspen closed her eyes and focused all her magic on Marie's things and thought of it just appearing over Marie's head and when she opened her eyes she saw the things were have gone.

"How the hell did you do that?" Bill asked earning Aspen to jump back.

"I don't know. I've just started being able to make things apparet to where I want it." She explained honestly and Bill raised an eyebrow.

"Well, then we better get running cause I think I hear Marie running behind us." He said as he laced their fingers together and they rushed off to Gryffindor Tower before Marie could find the pair of them.