'18' advice

My heart pounded as I stepped through the school gates. Whether people believed Taeyong's and my insta posts over those fake messages was still up for debate.

After the initial shock over what happened, there was now another feeling flowing through my body - anger. How dared those crazy bitches spread rumours about me? Their jealousy was simply annoying since it was unjustified for the most part. Maybe except for what had happened between Taeyong and me. But there was no way for any of them to know about it, so what was their fucking problem?

With rage pumping through my veins, I entered the building, pretty much prepared to beat up any of those people on sight.

However, it was someone else who bumped into me.

"Ah, Aecha, watch your step", Johnny whined, having barely avoided dropping all his stuff.

"Sorry", I rubbed the back of my head "since when are you so invested in school?", my eyes mustered the supplies piled up in his arms.

"Actually, I'm kind of on the run", his gaze wandered around the hallway, as if he was expecting to see someone. He seemed to have spotted something as his eyes widened and he rushed off with a quick "See you later"

Weird. Ever since this mess started, my friends seemed to have gotten some inexplicable problems they wouldn't tell me about.

"What's up lame-os", I plummeted down next to Yuta as per usual for this class. Only that instead of Yuta, Doyoung was next to me.

"Uhm, hi", the fact that Doyoung sat there like he was about to go full spanish inquisition on my ass scared me mildly.

"Aecha, it's time to spill some tea", he pulled his typical "you're gonna tell me everything" expression. Ah fuck.

Before I could even try and come up with an excuse, Doyoung already continued "My drama senses are tingling and you know I'm NEVER wrong", he raised an eyebrow "especially because of that weird affair between you and Taeyong"

I opened my mouth but Doyoung immediately shushed me "Don't even try to deny it. Whatever it is, I'm happy for y'all but for heaven's sake, at least tell Jaehyun or Ten, they've gotten so caught up in those girls' crazy plans, they deserve to know why"

This time he didn't have to interrupt me because I wasn't going to argue. Doyoung was right and I couldn't help but feel convinced to tell someone.

"Thanks, I'll do that", I sighed.

With a satisfied grin, Doyoung got up and left, patting Yuta, who had arrived late as usual, on the arm.

"What were you talking about?", he asked as he took a seat, clearly confused by Doyoung's actions.

I shrugged "Nothing much, he just gave me some advice about talking to people"

Yuta's eyes mustered mine, looking for a better answer but I wasn't going to give him one.

My thoughts wandered off as usual during the lesson. While I replayed the conversation with Doyoung, my phone vibrated in my pocket.

Jaehyun
ayyy can we meet up during break i need to talk to u

Aecha
sure
i was gonna ask u the same thing lmao

____________