'49' back

domedoyoung
I'm scared

tenoutoften
???

domedoyoung
like excited
but bad

osakaprince
calm down

jojojohnny
I get it doyoung
we'll be there in 15

jeffreyhyun
we just got ready

tenoutoften
drop the look!!

jeffreyhyun

tenoutoftenoh my god not you

tenoutoften
oh my god not you

jeffreyhyun
:(

osakaprince
nice fit

blessmeaecha
boys

we breakin hearts

we breakin hearts

domedoyoung
oooooh my god
so cute
and ready to kill

jojojohnny
love it
both of you

tytracktytrack
help i thought y'all were here already
now i'm hiding in a closet

tytracktytrackhelp i thought y'all were here alreadynow i'm hiding in a closet

tenoutoften
there's a coming out joke ready to be made here

haechannie
close the door you moron

tytracktytrack
nah i needed better lighting 

haechannie
i'm -
just no

___________________

I was freezing.

"Why the hell would you not bring a jacket in December?", Jaehyun sighed, eyeing my shivering body and the house in front of us alternately.

Judging from the booming music and laughter, plenty of other people were already inside. Including Taeyong.

Now that I was so close to confronting Jackson, anxiety began swelling up inside of me. What if he wouldn't let me speak, or worse, what if I felt too sorry for him?

Before I could push myself further into doubts, Jaehyun took my hand "Come on, let's go"

I wish I could say that I strutted into the house full of confidence, immediately finding Jackson and making things right.

Well, yeah, I didn't do any of that. Instead, I almost instantly lost Jaehyun, panicked, and fled into an empty room. Close enough.

I plummeted down onto the bed, overwhelmed by the situation. As I laid there on my back, my phone vibrated, making me sit up.

Jackson
Find me when you get here x

I groaned. As if that wasn't my plan already. The only problem right now was... everything. I buried my face into my hands, trying to pull myself together - to no avail.

As I was contemplating to simply leave again, the doorknob turned. Startled, I looked up, meeting a pair of nearly black eyes.

A wave of emotions washed over me - relief, excitement, concern - and I practically jumped into Taeyong's arms.

"U-Uhm hey", he patted my back awkwardly "why do we always meet in empty rooms?", I saw the smile on his face as I took a step back.

"Sorry for that. I'm just kind of... freaking out", my cheeks blushed and I sat back down.

Taeyong furrowed his brows, quickly taking a seat next to me "You're shivering, Aecha", he held my shoulders, concern plastered all over his face.

"Oh, I... I just got here and I... forgot to bring a jacket", it somehow felt embarassing to be this vulnerable, so I avoided his gaze.

"Why do you always do that", he murmured, more to himself than as a question for me.

"Do what?", my voice was calmer now, thank God.

Without another word, Taeyong took off his jacket and put it around me. I couldn't help but smile, his caring side was so cute.

"You make me worry about you, Aecha", this time I didn't break our eye contact, although his eyes made me melt.

I gulped "Sorry, I didn't mean to"

Taeyong bit his lip and looked away "I know"

Why was this such an awkward conversation? And yet, I never wanted it to end. If I could have stayed right in that moment, just sitting next to him, his jacket keeping me warm, my life would have been perfect.

It almost startled me when Taeyong spoke again, breaking the silence "It's not really something you do on purpose, but it drives me crazy. Because then I worry and think about you and I can't stop"

My heart stopped for a second. He was still staring at the wall. Was this...?

"Actually, I think about you all the time. It's been like that for a while now and at first, I didn't want it, because I was so afraid", Taeyong turned his head, finally looking at me again.

"I was afraid of falling for you, Aecha. But now...", he carefully took my hand into his, his lips curving into a smile "I can't fight it anymore"

Before I could even process my happiness, I had already kissed him.

I take back my previous statement - that moment was the one I wanted to stay in forever.

___________________