26:\\ Beast Mode

Tyler

I was bored and annoyed that Amy dragged me to see the most obnoxious person on earth. He was asleep one minute and wide awake the next.

Then came in the goddess with the dark sleek hair and I couldn't stop looking at her. Violet was so much prettier than Amy except I knew I could never meet that level. I did like Amy, but after knowing her for so long, I was starting to see why she and Aaron never worked out. Not that I'm siding with Aaron in the slightest. She simply sat in a comfortable arm chair, her slim arms crossed as she stared at Aaron with catlike eyes and he stared right back. It was almost like they were having a conversation but clearly they weren't.

By the time it hit midnight, Amy was fast asleep on my arm. I hadn't anticipated being there that long especially with the idiotic drunk who trespassed and slept in my home once.

Once upon a time, wouldn't that be a crazy fairy tale. Aaron was fast asleep which left me and Violet as the only two awake.

"Why don't you go home?" I asked. She looked away from Aaron's sleeping form and her eyes turned to me.

"Excuse me?" She replied. I couldn't tell if she hadn't heard me or if what I had said had come off as rude.

"Sorry, I don't mean to sound rude," I uttered just in case, "but I'm confused why you are still here. I mean... you and Aaron were never friends as far as I knew so I'm just surprised that you two are... so close." I said, feeling uncertain.

She flinched. I couldn't understand why she would flinch, but I didn't question it when she gave me an unwavering look. Her eyes looked so sad in that moment.

"We're friends." She simply said, turning back to look at Aaron. He had stubble growing along his jaw and his light brown hair was messily splayed out.

"Friends don't do what you do for Aaron." I muttered, feeling ghastly at my rudeness and assumptions. Maybe it was because it was midnight that I was acting like this. I barely knew this girl outside of having heard of her at school and buying nail polish from her store once. I had no right to talk to her about personal affairs. Maybe she and Aaron were having an affair... but an affair requires him to have a main chic so she could be a side chic. Hm.

For a couple seconds, I thought she hadn't heard me and felt grateful. But she opened her mouth to speak.

"Why are you still here?" She asked me now, her eyes seemed to glimmer in the dim room. The only indication of anyone awake was the beeping of the hospital monitor every few seconds.

"Because Amy." I simply said, staring at the beautiful long-legged girl as she crossed them.

"Why is Amy still here?" She said after a long pause. At the mention of her name, she stirred beside me and woke up.

"Good question." I replied, my mind searching for answers in the threads.

"What's a good question babe?" Amy looked up to meet my gaze. I kissed her softly, wanting to spit at the taste of her mouth. She definitely needed to brush her teeth after sleeping for so long.

"Nothing, baby maybe we should go." I suggested, standing up. Violets dark eyes watched me as I fumbled with the seat.

Amy yawned and I reached for her hand. She stood up and hugged me.

"Yeah," she yawned again, her stinky breath in my face, "What time is it?" I almost wanted to tell her to stop talking.

I heard a stifled laughter and turned to look at Violet. Was my facial expression what was making her laugh, could she tell I didn't want Amy to speak?

"It's..." I glanced at my fancy, expensive watch. My eyes widened. "Two a.m."

"Wow, it's so late." She yawned again, her breath consuming my face again. I couldn't handle the fumes.

"Do you want to go home?" I asked, wanting nothing more than to be done with her stench.

"No," she smiled sweetly, "I think I'll stay here tonight. I'll see you tomorrow though if you want to go home Tyler."

This didn't bother me.

It really didn't.

I was not jealous.

Why did Amy want to spend the night with her ex boyfriend who was in perfect health and was getting discharged from the hospital soon?

Violets question came back up why is Amy here?

Why is Amy here?

Does she still love Aaron? Is she cheating on me?

All my insecurities seemed to flood my mind as I watched her. I almost wanted to tell her I would stay with her, but I didn't think I could handle her breath for another second.

"Okay, goodnight." I heard myself saying as I backed out of her grasp.

"Wait," She said, approaching me for an obvious kiss. I complied, holding my breath the entire time. "I'll miss you." She breathed against me as I fought against pushing her away.

"Night Ames." I said, forcing a smile and leaving the room. I couldn't be out of there fast enough!

I headed to my car and shut the door, ready to head home and sleep in my big comfy bed.

In case you're interested in getting the totally edited/revised/changed paperback version of this book:

AMAZON PAPERBACK LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Boy-Who-Read-Minds-ebook/dp/B08RYV11F2/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=veronica+Soliman&qid=1609863783&sr=8-3

Barnes and Noble: (Link will be available in the coming weeks)

Apple Store: (Link will be available in the coming weeks)