63:\\ Hook, Line, And Sinker

Bailey

Angry and still trying to deny my idiocy. It was in the heat of the moment that I told them what they wanted to her.

I didn't do anything. I was forced by my lawyer. Yet nobody would listen. My family had betrayed me. Amy would not speak or even look at me anymore. She was dead to me. I hate her for how she treated me.

Had she not started crying and accusing me or hurting the strange man, I would never have lied in court and told them I did it to spare her the feelings.

And I had gotten dozens of interviews whole behind bars. Fact of the matter was, I don't know why I am this way because I don't touch men! All of them that are testifying against me are wrong!

It's like cancel culture was against me and random people were coming up to say I had hurt them. Several women had even given claims and I would never eat from someone of my own sex, gross. They were clearly liars.

And worst of all, the girlfriend of the man I supposedly killed had come up to me in court, spat on my face and cursed at me. And nobody did a damn thing.

Why couldn't they see my side.

I would spend my whole life proving to them that I wasn't wrong. I'm innocent.

I wouldn't hurt a fly, a snail, or even a bird, so why would I go after an entire human man. Only crazy people would do that. I am not crazy. I also would never do that because I know it would give me diseases. And I'm not stupid. I go to a great college where Dr. Dooley, the greatest professor ever, teaches.

I had met him a couple of years ago and he said he would help me lose weight. He gave me a shot and I indeed did start losing weight. I got so skinny!

It bothered me that people didn't understand that I didn't need to do anything but be myself.

I am awesome.

I have no problems.

I will spend life combing these people that I am not the villain. I am a hero. I am a saint.

I wouldn't even hurt a fly.

Stupid Amy! It's her fault. The next time I saw my sister I would choke her. Just thinking about her annoyed me.

She forced me to lie in court.

"I didn't do anything!" I shouted into the hollow room. And yet nobody believed me. Nobody would even listen to me.

I was as innocent as a newborn puppy. I hadn't hurt anybody.

It made me sad that they'd locked me up alone and antagonized me. The security guards ignored me and I couldn't understand why they would do that. I was innocent.

I am sane.

And whatever happens on death row should be traced back to the true killer because it isn't me.

I did not kill Ethan Kowell because I simply invited him over for tea. He was visiting one of my elective courses on Business to talk about his success in the restaurant industry.

I remember it clearly. He was so kind. I would never hurt a kind man.

I invited him to coffee because I wanted to learn more. I was invested in become a business owner and he seemed to be a successful man already, not to mention pretty cute.

So yes, I went and grabbed a coffee with him and then I asked him if he could drop me off at home because I didn't have a car. I usually walked anyway.

He visited and I was happy he decided to stay.

And then I blacked out and I don't know what happened next. But I do know that I would never hurt anyone.

I am not a liar. I only know the truth and that truth is my truth. I am a truth speaker only.

I do not ever lie. The true liar is Amy. She deserves to be in my place.

But then again, perhaps it's Doctor Dooley's shot all those years ago that made me act this way. I wondered how many other people he had infected with whatever virus or disease he had in his lab.

It was his fault. Not mine. I did not do anything.

And even when I told this information to the judge. She did nothing about it.

Now I was on my way to die for a sin that I didn't commit and a feeling I had no control over. I grew hungrier by the minute. He wouldn't have given me a disease that made me hurt myself.

I wondered if he had even done anything to me. My memory was always foggy. It was never the best.

I am so confused. I think he had harmed me. I was hungrier than ever before and was craving something.

"Help! I can't breath." I said as a guard opened the door and walked in.

Perfect. Hook, line, and sinker.

Please vote, comment (I LOVE reading your comments ngl), and follow me veronicasoli

In case you're interested in getting the totally edited/revised/changed paperback version of this book:

AMAZON PAPERBACK LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Boy-Who-Read-Minds-ebook/dp/B08RYV11F2/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=veronica+Soliman&qid=1609863783&sr=8-3

The series includes:
1. The Boy Who Read Minds (completed!)

2. The Boy Who Solved Crimes

2.5 Bailey's Story (Butterflies of Gold)

3. Joseph's Story (An Era Away)

3.5 Anya (Tyler's Story)