35:\\ Creative Stunts

Aaron

The sun was so bright. Oddly enough, I enjoyed the feel of the warm heat on my skin as it bathed me through the small windows of the classroom.

The classrooms were small, but the light shined so hugely. I couldn't help but admire it, admire Violet. She was as beautiful as ever and for once I felt as though I might possibly admire her more than I admire myself. The thought didn't even bother me.

"Pay attention." She mouthed to me as I turned back around to look at our math teacher. I had a stupid grin on my face just as he called on me.

"Aaron, can you answer the question please?"

"What was the question?" I asked, hearing a few giggles all around the classroom.

"Read it, it's on the screen young man." I turned to look at Violet, who simply rolled her eyes at me and looked away.

"Look, sir, I don't know."

"The answer is up there too Mr. Paul."

For the first time since I'd lost my powers, I wanted them back. I felt absolutely stupid as I cluelessly stared at the words on the screen.

In a second, a thought struck me in the sound of Violet's voice. Five to the seventh power divided by the cube root of three.

"Five to the seventh power divided by the cube root of three." I repeated as the teacher looked pleased. I turned around again.

What the heck was happening? I stared at Violet, telling her to look at me.

Telepathy. I realized.

Did you just give me the answer? I thought, hoping she would hear me and respond.

I was still staring at her, a small smile formed on her face as she grinned and nodded at me.

Weird, right?

I looked back at the teacher as he cleared his throat.

"Miss Veowsalot and Mr. Paul, please do not disrupt my class again or you can both spend the rest of the time in the hallway." We both looked at each other, confused at what he meant.

"I'll take the hallway." I said immediately, excited to venture out of this boring class as quickly as possible. "Miss Veowsalot, would you care to join me?" A smug smirk enveloped my face as a smiled reached from ear to ear.

She shook her head as the class laughed. The teacher shook his head.

"Detention, Mr. Paul." I turned to Violet. Since got detention, she would be stuck at school until I was done.

"You can't do that. We weren't even being disruptive." This time it wasn't me who was talking. Violet opened her mouth as shocked gazes turned to face her.

"Miss Veowsalot." The teacher said, sympathy clouding his expression. I felt a soft pain in my gut, watching her but I ignored it.

•••

"I feel like we've known each other for a while, yet I don't know much about you." I said, sitting on the blanket besides Violet. Since the hospital, we had been inseparable, but I still felt like I knew nothing about her besides how her family was extremely dysfunctional and that she'd been through a traumatic situation with her ex. I still wanted to know who he was.

"What do you want to know?" She smiled at me, her sharp brown eyes piercing my throat making me unable to talk. I was shocked that she didn't throw an insult at me.

"Everything." I said, sounding like a kid who just arrived at Disney land for the first time. I'd lost my cool, but I didn't mind, Violet knew the type of person I was.

"Hmm." She said, scooting further away from me on the bed and taking a seat on her desk. "Would it really matter Aaron? Soon enough whatever weird soul-bond, tie, whatever this telepathy thing is, when it leaves we can just go back to being strangers."

It hurt, her words actually hurt to hear. I cleared my throat, trying to sound unbent. I was almost angry.

"Well Vy, I don't think we will ever go back to being strangers." I said coolly, leaning back on her bed and placing my hands behind my head. I stared at the ceiling for a moment, trying to understand the weird feeling.

I'm Aaron Paul, the hot meat that doesn't have emotions. So why does this girl have such a hold on me.

When she didn't respond, I decided to leave.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Out for a bit."

"But..."

"Maybe it'll separate us if your headache is strong enough. I'll be back in an hour." I said, leaving no room for argument as I stepped out of her room.

God, I was hurt.

In case you're interested in getting the totally edited/revised/changed paperback version of this book:

AMAZON PAPERBACK LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Boy-Who-Read-Minds-ebook/dp/B08RYV11F2/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=veronica+Soliman&qid=1609863783&sr=8-3

Barnes and Noble: (Link will be available in the coming weeks)

Apple Store: (Link will be available in the coming weeks)