one

Jennie had arrived at her new host family's house around midnight. They already had her enrolled into school, meaning she would barely get any sleep. Not like she could complain, though. She was the one who missed her first flight. Still, she could've gotten to Australia around ten o' clock if her second flight hadn't gotten a layover.

It's like she was doomed from the start.

She slept through her alarm, meaning her host sister had to come wake her up.

"Jennie," she spoke softly. "Get up. You have, like, twenty minutes to get ready. If I would've known you slept through your alarm, I would've woken you up sooner."

Jennie groaned, covering her face with her hands. "I slept through my alarm?" she mumbled. "Why is it so bright in here?"

"Your curtains are open."

"Right," Jennie nodded. She forgot she opened them last night. "Thank you, Irene."

"No problem, J. Breakfast is ready for you when you come down. Though, you may just want to get a cereal bar and call it a day."

Irene left the room and Jennie rolled out of bed. She got her uniform off of her dresser and headed to the bathroom.

-

"I should probably tell you about school before we get there," Irene said, glancing at Jennie as she drove.

"Is it bad?" Jennie asked.

Her host sister chuckled. "You have no idea," she said. "The school is very clique-ish."

"How so?"

"Let's see," Irene pursed her lips together. "We'll, for starters, we have four main cliques. The Pinks, The Boys, The Players, and The Velvets. The first two groups that I named are the most popular. It's best you steer clear of them. Especially The Pinks."

"How bad are they?"

"Their leader, Roseanne, got a girl suspended for wearing the same scrunchie as her."

Jennie's jaw dropped. "You're joking."

"I wish I was," Irene chuckled. "The Boys are The Pinks' best friends. Those girls are protective, so that's why you should stay away from them."

"The last two?"

"The Players are nice. They just don't know how to keep it in their pants. They also like to break hearts. There are a few good ones, though. It's still best not to get involved," Irene tapped her finger on the steering wheel. "Now, The Velvets are the best out of all of them. I'm not just saying that because I'm the leader, by the way."

"I've fallen in the hands of a clique leader. What will I ever do now?" Jennie shook her head in fake despair.

"Hey, I'm telling you. We're the nicest, but we're not letting anybody walk all over us. You can hang out with us until you feel like you're comfortable."

"Sounds good," Jennie nodded. "Can I know the clique leaders and right-hand men so I can make sure I don't run into any of them?"

"I doubt that would help, but sure. The Pinks leader is Roseanne, or Rosé, as she likes to be called. Her right-hand man is Jisoo. The Boys leader is Namjoon, his right-hand man is Yoongi. The Players leader is Taeyong, his right-hand man is Yuta. I'm the leader of The Velvets, my right-hand man is Seulgi. Trust me when I say this, as long as I'm your host sister, nobody is laying a finger on you."

Jennie smiled. "Got it."

-

As Jennie walked down the hallway with Irene, all eyes were on her.

"You guys don't get new students a lot, do you?" she whispered to Irene.

"Oh, no, we do. You're just exceptionally beautiful."

"You're one to talk."

"Oh, stop it," Irene laughed.

The two stopped at a locker and Irene tapped it. "This is yours," she said. "I'm gonna go find the rest of the girls, then I'll be back."

"Okay," Jennie nodded.

Irene left and Jennie looked at her schedule, which also had her locker combination on it.

"You know," a voice beside her said, making her jump.

She looked to her right and there was a girl with rose gold hair.

"I've never seen you around her before. Are you new?"

"Yeah," Jennie let out a breath that she didn't know she was holding.

"Oh, yay," the girl smiled. "I'd be happy to show you around."

"Actually, my host sister—"

"Irene? Oh, she's a bad influence. You don't want to be seen near her."

Jennie raised an eyebrow. "You must be Roseanne," she stated.

"The one and only," Rosé smiled. "I see she's told you about me."

"Where are the rest of The Pinks?"

Rosé narrowed her eyes. "What all did she tell you?"

"Just about the cliques in this—"

"Jennie, we're back!" Irene came walking down the hall with a big smile on her face.

Jennie smiled at her host sister.

"This is Seulgi, Wendy, Joy, and Yeri. The rest of the—" Irene cut herself off, looking at Rosé. "Why are you here?"

"I'm pretty sure she goes to school here, Joohyun," a blonde haired girl walked up behind Rosé.

"I was just being friendly," Rosé gave Irene a fake pout.

"Well be less friendly, hm?" Irene smiled.

The pink haired girl looked at Jennie, then back at Irene. "As you wish," she said before she began walking off. She stopped in her tracks, turning around. "Oh, and Jennie?"

Jennie looked at the girl.

"Miss Irene, over there, just bought you a new enemy."

-

a/n: writing with their names feels so weird to me sksksk

but hello!
welcome to my new chaennie fic! i hope you guys enjoy it🙈

also, go follow my twitter. @/yejislady i'm very active on there🤠