twelve

Jennie sat in her last class watching the clock. She was excited to see what Rosé had planned. While she was impatiently waiting to leave class her phone vibrated in her pocket.

rosé: you don't mind if people see us leave together, do you?

jennie: do the velvets count as people😳

rosé: they do. you haven't told irene?

jennie: girl-

rosé: i forgot you were scared of your host sister💆🏻‍♀️

rosé: well, we can wait a bit. i'll wait in my car and you wait with BC. tell irene you're getting a ride with chan. i'll get him to cover for you.

jennie: first of all, BC? second, how will you get him to cover?

rosé: bang chan dummy gorl🙈

rosé: and i have my ways. me and chan go way back

jennie: stop calling him chan i'm not that close w him😔

rosé: i don't give a fuck!

jennie: we-

rosé: jk i'm sorry🥺

jennie: bye SJSKSKJ

"Who you texting?"

Jennie jumped, turning around.

"My God, Mark," she said.

"My bad," Mark smiled. "Who you texting?"

"None of your business."

"Is it by any chance Roseanne?"

"No. Sorry to burst your bubble," Jennie fake pouted.

"Your ears are red. It's Rosé," Mark smirked, obviously proud of himself.

"Would it hurt to mind your business just once?"

"Yes," the boy nodded. "When did you get her number? More importantly, what are you texting about?"

"Mark, you're so nosy," Ten walked over.

"Oh, my God," Jennie put her head on her desk.

She had no clue why she disliked Ten so much, but she did. Maybe it was his aura.

"Hi, Jennie."

"Ten," she greeted the boy.

"You know, once you get to know me, I'm very nice," he said. "I'm not a player like the rest of the boys."

"Then what are you?" Jennie looked at him.

"Gay."

Mark choked, covering his face with his hands.

Jennie's eyes went wide at the boys bluntness. "Oh?"

"'Oh' is right," Ten said. "I have a boyfriend, you just never see him around."

"Why?"

"He's from China," Mark answered. "His name's Hendery."

"Actually, that's his English name, but you get it."

"How did you meet him if he's from—"

"Long story, sweetheart. I'll explain one day," Ten smiled.

The bell rang.

"Ciao, ladies! I'll see you in two weeks. Have fun with your flower, Jennie!" Ten waved at the two and left the classroom.

"Two weeks?" Jennie looked at Mark.

"He's off to China," Mark said. "I'm off. You have fun with that flower of yours."

Jennie watched him leave and let out a huge sigh. She could not stand them. Just as she was about to grab her stuff, Chris's head popped in the classroom.

"Let's go," he said.

"How did you get here so fast?"

"I'm only two classes down," Chris said. "I've already told Irene I'm taking you somewhere and you won't be home for a while. She didn't think twice about it so she's gone."

"Well, damn," Jennie laughed as she grabbed her bag.

"It's because she trusts me."

"It seems like everyone trusts you."

"I'm a trustworthy person," the boy shrugged. "I'll walk you to Roseanne's car."

The two left the school and walked into the parking lot. They went to Rosé's parking spot and knocked on her window.

"Took you long enough," she said, rolling down her window.

"It's been five minutes since school let out," Jennie said.

"Meaning, you're five minutes late."

Chris rolled his eyes. "Well, I'm gonna go. I have things to do."

"Like produce music for you and the boys until five in the morning?" Rosé asked.

"Exactly. Bye, guys!"

"Bye, Chan!"

"Bye, Chris!"

Rosé and Jennie looked at each other.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Rosé smiled. "Get in."

Jennie got in the car and the two began their adventure. It was silent for the first portion of the ride then Rosé decided to speak up.

"I don't know if this is rude to ask," she said, "but how did you get so good in English if you lived in Korea for your whole life?"

"어려워요," Jennie said.

"On a scale from one to ten?"

"Definitely a ten," the girl let out a sigh. "It's hard to tell the difference between and pronounce l's and r's because they're kind of opposites in Korean? It's hard to explain, but I'm working on it."

"Who taught you?"

"I'm self-taught."

Rosé nodded. "How big is the culture difference?"

Jennie let out a laugh. "Huge," she said. "I watched Mean Girls a few times before I came over here, so I was prepared."

Rosé snorted. "Are you comparing me to Regina George?"

"Hey, you said it, I didn't."

-

a/n: next chapter is finna be all over the place omg

follow my twitter @yejislady

if enough of you follow me and dm me telling me you're from wattpad, i may start posting chapter teasers on there