eight

[a/n: i'm going to be writing in romanization for parts of this chapter. it won't be a lot though hhhhh]

Jennie had decided that coming to Australia was the worst decision of her life. Ever since she came, she has been involved in nothing but drama. She was truly sick and tired of it.

"Jennie," Irene sang as she walked into her host sister's room.

Jennie looked up from her phone. "Why are you all dressed up?"

The older girl was wearing a black dress with fishnets and leather boots.

"Don't tell me—"

"There's a party."

"It's Thursday," Jennie sat up in her bed.

"Please?" Irene pleaded. "The girls can't go."

"Why?"

"They got detention, then got in trouble with their parents for getting detention."

"It's Thursday," Jennie repeated.

"Please, Jennie? The boy group at our school is performing and I really wanna be there."

"First of all, we have a boy group at our school? Second of all, why do you wanna be there so badly?"

"Yes, we do," Irene said. "I want to be there because one of my close friends is in the group and I promised I'd go watch him."

Jennie sighed, getting out of bed. "This is the last time, Irene."

"One last thing."

"What?"

"The party may or may not be at Roseanne's house?" Irene pursed her lips together.

"You owe me big time, Joohyun," Jennie made her way to her closet. "Give me ten minutes. I'll be ready."

"I'll be in the car."

Of course, it took Jennie longer than ten minutes to get ready, but when she was done she ran to Irene's car. She got in the front seat, putting on her seatbelt.

"Let's go."

"You know, for someone who doesn't want to go to this party, you sure did dress up for it."

"I'm not going to ruin your reputation just because I don't care about mine," Jennie sat back.

"That's so thoughtful of you," Irene smiled.

"I know."

The girls held up a nice conversation about nothing for the ten minute drive to Rosé's house. Irene parked on the side of the girl's house and turned off her car.

"At least try and have a good time?" she asked Jennie.

"As you wish," Jennie got out of the car.

The two made their way into the house and went to their truth or dare circle.

"Irene," Rosé greeted the older girl. Her eyes then landed in Jennie. A scowl took over her face. "You brought her?"

Lisa gave Rosé a warning look.

"I hope that's not an issue," Irene said as she and Jennie sat down.

"Course not," Jisoo smiled.

"Have the boys performed yet?"

"Nope," Rosé answered, still glaring at Jennie.

"Good. I thought I missed it."

"Never that—"