sixteen

"Everyone please pass your homework up."

Jennie reaches down for her bookbag, then realized something. She didn't have it.

"Oh, my God," she mumbled.

"What's wrong?" Lucas looked at her.

"My stuff is in Rosé's car."

The classroom door opened.

"Speak of the devil," Taeyong said.

Rosé looked around the classroom and made eye contact with Jennie. She held up the girl's book bag. Jennie stretched out her arm and Rosé rolled her eyes. Despite not wanting to, she brought the girl her bag anyway. She squatted down beside the girl and let out a sigh.

"Look to the left," she said.

Jennie turned her head and saw Kai and two of his friends. They were in the back corner having a conversation.

"I heard him talking about you earlier today—"

"Rosé, I know Kai," Jennie cut her off.

"You do?" Everyone, also known as Lucas, Jisoo, Rosé, and Taeyong, asked.

"We used to go to the same school. He was my best friend. He was a sweet boy—"

Jisoo laughed. Jennie looked at her.

"Oh, you were being serious?" she asked.

"I can assure you he is not the same guy you knew," Taeyong said.

"Miss Park," Jennie's teacher called Rosé's name.

The pink haired girl looked up.

"You need to go. Don't you have class?"

"My God," Rosé rolled her eyes. "I'll tell you what he said later. Until then, avoid all contact. Please."

"Roseanne!"

"I heard you, damn!" the girl snapped, standing up.

Jennie heard the girl mumble something about "old ass hags not minding their business" as she walked off. Lucas covered his face, trying to hide his laughter.

"How did she not get in trouble?" Jennie looked at her group of 'friends.'

"Rosé's family provides this school with a lot of funding," Taeyong said. "If these teachers want to keep their jobs, they're not getting her in trouble."

Jennie watched as the door closed and Lucas placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'd say you're in good hands with your flower."

"Alcoholic beverage, if you will," Jisoo said.

"Jisoo," Chris said. The girl raised her eyebrow at him. "Can I talk to you after class?"

"Yeah," Jisoo nodded.

"No," Taeyong said.

"Yes," the girl repeated herself.

Jennie sat back in her seat. "Is it about me?"

Chris smiled at her.

"It always is," Jisoo said.

"Hey, cut it out," Lucas said. "It's not her fault she's been causing drama since she got here."

Jennie gave him the finger and ignored them until the end of class.

When the bell rang, Lucas and Taeyong bolted out the door. Jennie looked back at Jisoo who shrugged.

"No clue, honestly," she said.

Jennie just grabbed her stuff and made her way to her door. As soon as she got out of the classroom, someone grabbed her shoulder. She quickly flinched away and turned around. She let out a sigh and ran her hand through her hair.

"What, Jongin?" she asked.

"Oh, so you do remember me?"

"How could I forget you?" Jennie rolled her eyes. "My best friend who left out of nowhere and never spoke to me again. What are the odds that I found you here?"

"Crazy, isn't it?" Kai smiled. "Your girlfriend, Rosé—"

"She's not my girlfriend," Jennie cut him off.

"Right," he said. "Rosie and I don't have the best history."

"I can tell."

"In fact, a lot of people at this school don't have the best history when it comes to me. You're—"

"Leaving," Rosé walked up to the two. "Jennie is leaving. This conversation between you two is over."

Kai raised his eyebrow. "Is she?" he asked. "Let the girl speak for herself."

Jennie gave him a tight-lipped smile. "Goodbye, Jongin," she took Rosé's hand and the two walked away.

"I thought I told you to stay away from him?" Rosé said after they were out of ear shot.

"He's like a fly."

"I guess it's time to buy bug spray then," Rosé said.

"Roseanne, if you pull pepper spray out of your pocket..." Jennie warned.

"Don't be silly," Rosé laughed. "My pepper spray is in my car."

The exchange student rolled her eyes. "I'll try my best to keep my distance, but knowing Jongin and the rest of the boys it's gonna be hard."

"I'll get you body guards."

"I am sixteen years old, Roseanne. I can handle myself."

"I'm just—"

"채영아!" Lisa whined as she ran down the hallway with her arms by her side.

Rosé turned around with wide eyes. She caught Lisa in her arms as she fell forward and looked at her. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"I was just—"

"리사야!"

"Oh, she's mad," Rosé pushed Lisa off of her as Jisoo came over. 

"What did I—"

"You ruined their date?!"

Jennie and Rosé looked at each other. "It was you?"

-

a/n: sorry for the late update :( i currently have a sinus infection so i haven't been feeling the best lately 💆🏾‍♀️

what do you think jisoo, jennie, rosé, the velvets, and skz are gonna do to lisa?

more importantly, why do you think kai has decided to start bothering jennie after leaving her alone for so long😳