fifteen

Jennie and Irene walked into school and Jennie immediately felt all eyes on her. She looked around with wide eyes, making eye contact with everyone that was looking at her. She turned to Irene who squeezed her hand in return.

"Do you think she told everyone?" Jennie whispered.

"Rosé's an awful person at times, but she wouldn't do that to you." Irene gave her a reassuring smile. "I'm gonna go find the girls. I'm sure Chan is somewhere around waiting to pop up at any moment."

"Okay," Jennie nodded.

Irene gave her another smile and left the girl at her locker. Just as soon as she left, someone came up to her.

A freshman. Jennie knew her as Lia.

"I heard you were dating Roseanne," Lia said.

"Oh, n—"

Someone cleared their throat behind her.

Lia looked up and her eyes got wide.

"Get lost, freshman."

Rosé.

Jennie looked down, not wanting to see the girl. Rosé placed a hand on her should, turning her around.

"Look at me," she said.

"I do not want to talk to you right now," Jennie said.

"Look at me."

Jennie looked up at the girl.

"I had nothing to do with what happened on Saturday," Rosé said. "I don't know why he was there, how he knew it was my spot, or how he knew I would be there. I haven't spoken to him since then and I'm sorry everything went down like that."

The exchange student tilted her head to the side. "I'm really having trouble believing you right now, Rosé."

"I'm telling you the truth, Jennie. I wouldn't hurt you like that."

Jennie narrowed her eyes, pursing her lips together. She was trying hard not to cry. "A small part of me wants to believe you, but everything else is telling me to stay away from you for the rest of my junior year."

"You don't mean that," Rosé shook her head.

"I do."

The pink haired girl crossed her arms over her chest. "What are you so afraid of, Jennie? You know I wouldn't do that to you—"

"I barely know you, Roseanne. I have no clue what you would and wouldn't do to me. What I do know is you were a complete asshole to me when I first got here, and I don't know what in me thought that you would change just because you kissed me once—"

Rosé was getting fed up with the girl, so she did the one thing she could think of. She kissed her. Jennie took in a sharp breath, placing her hands on Rosé's chest. Chris and The Pinks walked up to the two after a while and looked at each other.

"Okay," Chris said, breaking them apart. "That's enough."

"Gross," Jisoo said.

"Right," Lisa made a disgusted face.

"Why did you..." Jennie trailed off.

"You said you didn't know why you thought I'd change after I kissed you once," Rosé shrugged. "So I kissed you twice."

"Aw," Chris pouted.

"Literally disgusting," Jisoo said.

"Makes me wanna puke," Lisa agreed.