Prologue

The Chaos of Redemption

Prologue

It's been a mere three months since she saw him. Padme stood alone on the lake villa's balcony, staring out over the beautiful landscape. Who knew that a place so beautiful could be so discomforting at the same time?

It was here she spent time with him, where they fell in love, where they married...

Padme heard the familiar sound of engines cooling down, bringing her back to reality. He's home! She thought to herself, running around the balcony to the landing platform that floated of the other side of the villa.

Anakin slipped out of the cruiser's cockpit, smiling as he did so. Was he smiling because he was home? Was he smiling because he had ten days off? Was he smiling because he had wonderful news for Padme?

Yes indeed but the real reason he was smiling was running towards him.

"Anakin," She spoke breathlessly, running into his open arms. He caught her just in time, thankfully hopping out when he did.

"Padme," He murmured into her hair, his artificial hand weaving into those spiral curls he adored. Holding her again was a dream come true to Anakin; he had longed for her since their honeymoon.

Pulling back to kiss him, Padme stopped as she looked him over. She gasped at the new scar that lie over his right eye. Barely gliding over it, she gasped at the new battle wound.

"Ani, your eye..."

"I'm alright, just a little run in with some bad guys. You know, just the usual," He smiled at her, leaning down to kiss her. "I have wonderful news, my love!"

"So do I," She barely spoke above a whisper as her lips connected with his own. In that moment, nothing else mattered to either one of them. They just held onto each other for dear life, their pouts softly nibbling away at each other.

"Master Ani!" A robotic voice called from the stairs behind Padme. The newlyweds broke the kiss, both panting lightly as they turned around to see a familiar, golden-shelled droid at the top of the small staircase.

"3PO, you're looking well," Anakin smiled, walking the short distance that separated them. Patting the droid on the shoulder, he gave the protocol a little shake. "How have things been around here?"

"Oh, most excellent, Master Ani. The only thing that hasn't been wonderful are Mistress Padme's mornings," The caretaker droid reported. Anakin raised an eyebrow, glancing over his shoulder to see his wife climbing the stairs.

Padme took his hand, which he now held out to her. As she climbed up the final step, she was pulled close into his embrace. He ran his hands over her bare forearms, looking her over for any signs of injuries. "Are you alright, Padme? Are you hurt?"

Chuckling, Padme took his hands with her own. "That's actually the surprise, Anakin." As she barely got his name out, she was crushed into his chest. "Oh no," He murmured. "Please don't tell me you're sick, we just began our lives together! I can't lose you," He ran a hand over the crown of her head, smoothing her loose curls down even more.

"Master Ani, you've got it all wrong!" 3PO informed him, a slight amusement-like tone. "She isn't sick, thank the heavens."

Ani cocked an eyebrow again, the concern he was feeling for his wife only grew. "Then what's going on?"

"I'm pregnant," Padme smiled into his chest, her words muffled due to his tight embrace. Anakin pulled her out to an arm's length away, staring deep into her sparking, chocolate colored eyes.

"What did you just say?"

"Ani, I'm pregnant."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As one would imagine, the couple were overjoyed and celebrated with the news of their first child. For the next ten days, which happened to be Anakin's surprise to his wife, they spent their days discussing all things baby and their nights dreaming of what the future might have in store for their family.

It wasn't until the following winter, seeing as their child was conceived in the last part of spring harvest, when the two young adults would become parents. The year had started a new cycle, turning from 23 BBY to 22 BBY so it was soon time for the baby to arrive.

Padme requested that they would go to Polis Masa for the birth of their child, though her original idea was to have the baby there in Varykino. They had never had a child before so they both thought it would be best if the baby was delivered within a professional medical facility. The small hospital was quite the flight away but it was worth it that the child would delivered by safe, experienced hands.

Anakin had faith in himself but he would rather that be the mother of his unborn child and his soon-to-be birthed child were in a hospital at the time of the delivery than in the gardens near the waters of Varykino.

After signing in and getting a doctor, Padme was changed into a hospital slip and Anakin was at her bedside.

"Are you ready, love?" He soothed, running his fingers over the hair at her forehead.

"As I will ever be," She breathed out. She turned her gaze to her husband who looked down at her with love and concern. "I'm scared though; can I hold your hand, Ani?"

He smiled at her, taking her hands with his own. "I wouldn't have it any other way." He kissed her cheek just as a doctor strolled into the operating room.

"Hello, Mrs Skywalker. My name is Doctor Atzin Foster, I'll be helping you deliver your baby today." He smiled at Padme on the table, his wrinkles prominent as he looked from behind his glasses. He turned his attention to Anakin, who held Padme's left hand with each of his own.

"I'm going to assume that you're Mr. Skywalker, the father?" He reached out to shake Anakin's hand. Anakin met the old man halfway, a smile playing his lips.

"This is our first time having a child, my wife and I couldn't be happier," Anakin glanced down at Padme who returned the smile though hers was weak.

"Alright then, I'm going to need you to hold Padme's hands and talk her through this. It's a fairly simple procedure but having support makes it easier on the mother. Now Padme, I'm going to get a nurse droid to help me and when I get back, you'll be ready to have your baby."

As the doctor left, Anakin knelt down beside her bedside. She was breathing harshly and she appeared to be in a lot of pain.

"I promise this will be over soon, my Love. Soon, we will be on our way back to Naboo," He tried, hoping to relax her some.

"What about the war? What about the jedi, what if they find out somehow?" Padme whispered, her voice sounding strained.

"This is a happy moment," Anakin caressed her cheek. "Let's worry about those hurdles if and when they become reality. I love you so much Padme. Thank you so much, my Angel."

Padme turned her head so she could look directly at him. "Thank you? Why are you thanking me?"

Anakin leaned down and kissed her sweet lips. "Without you, I would have no family. Without your love, I don't know as to whether I'd feel it or not. Without our marriage, we both wouldn't be here together. Thank you for giving me a life worth living, Padme. I'll never be able to repay you for everything you've done for me."

A knock came from behind them, "My lady, its time..."