7. Douche Canoes Everywhere

Moving day had arrived in a rush. Jeremiah followed her in his car filled with the boxes she couldn't fit into her car. They had been surprised with the number of things she needed to take with her. Talia knew that Zeke had all the amenities but being the fake girlfriend of an A-list star was an unknown. Better to have too much than not enough.

Talia punched in the code Zeke had texted her. The two cars snaked their way up the long drive. Parked in front of his home were two very expensive cars. Both cars had vanity plates. A red sports car's plate said U WNT ME. The black convertible's plate said LOSEMY#.

Jeremiah and Talia stared at the two cars. Revulsion roiled through her. Clearly the owners were douche canoes that she'd have to deal with in the coming months.

"Let's go." Talia lifted a box onto her hip.

The door was unlocked when they approached. Pushing it open with her free hand she slowly walked into the house. The expanse of the house was intimidating with the eerie quiet.

"Hello?" Talia called.

"I'm going to put this down and grab another box. See if you can find the owner of the house." Jeremiah dropped the bag he was carrying and walked away.

Talia's steps echoed on the marble floor. Tentatively she walked from room to room. The large tv room drew her attention but she walked on. A library made her pause knowing she'd have time later to explore she walked toward a thumping.

Entering a gloriously white kitchen that opened to a patio, pool and yard three men sat at a table watching the pool. Moving into the kitchen, Talia watched what they were watching. Topless women splashed in the pool. They were putting a show on for the three men. Glasses of dark amber sat on the table in front of them.

"Now is the time to act like the girlfriend, Talia." Talia jumped at the sound of Jeremiah's voice.

"I don't know."

"Don't chicken out now. Get out there." Jeremiah opened the door shoving her outside.

The three men stopped their conversation and stared at her. The Unholy Trinity they called them. Max Hamilton, Terence O'Sullivan and Zee Jaxon sat frozen looking at her.

"Well, hello darling." Max said. "A little late to the party aren't you?"

"Not our normal type. A bit tubby isn't she. It won't stop me from doin her but I'm just surprised." Terence swirled the liquid in his glass.

Talia's face flamed. Everything she'd thought people would say he just did. Emotions flooded her as she watched these privileged stars who thought they could treat people this way. Anger, hatred, fury and disgust flowed through her veins. Breathing in and out over and over kept her standing there looking at those egotistical bastards.

"Well, darling, you can have a seat right here. Not sure we want you going topless." He laughed haughtily with his slight British accent.

She looked to Zee who sat looking into his drink. A wet topless girl traipsed over to him and dropped into his lap.

"Zee, I'm all wet can you take me upstairs and help me out." She giggled as she nibbled on his neck.

Bile rose in her stomach. How could she ever think this was a good idea? She was a fool. Talia caught his eye, spun and marched inside.

"Ms. Walker?" An elderly gentleman stood next to a seething Jeremiah.

"Yes."

"Mr. Jaxon apprised me of your arrival. I apologize for not meeting you at the door when you arrived. I will lead you to your room." He looked outside at the party then back to Talia. "That is if you still want to stay, Ms. Walker."

Did she want to stay? She'd be an idiot to stay.

"Tal you don't have to stay." Jeremiah slung his arm around her shoulders.

Inhaling a deep breath, straightening her shoulders Talia closed her eyes.

"He gets one week. He pulls this shit again, fuck him and his reputation."

Jeremiah had a ghost of a smile cross his face.

"Alright, miss. This way please."

The butler or manservant proceeded to walk through the house carrying the box she'd carried in. Jeremiah followed closely behind stopping to pick up a couple other bags and a box. Jeeves led them through the labyrinth of Zeke's house. They passed an office, a movie theatre, recording studio, game room all on the second floor. She was beginning to wonder if there were any bedrooms.

Jeeves began walking up another set of stairs. Two doors bookended the hallway. Turning left at the top led them to the closed door. Jeeves opened the door to a massive room. It was more of a suite than a bedroom.

A small sitting area sat to the right. A tv framed by empty bookcases sat in front of a small loveseat. Further into the room a large king size sleigh bed beckoned. Matching dressers and night stands were arranged in a convenient manner. Jeeves walked over to a wall and pulled back fabric. It was no wall. Or rather more like a wall of windows. The blackout curtains hid the sunshine. Once open the room took on another life.

Two doors remained closed. Jeremiah opened one closest to the wall of windows. A huge walk in closet called to Talia like a siren. The remaining closed door was too much temptation to ignore. The brass handle turned easily. A bathroom that took her breath away stood before her.

Gray stone floor with a claw footed tub had Talia holding back an obscene groan. On the counter were bath salts, soaps, lotions. Any possible girl product sat lining the counter. A small glass enclosed shower sat in the corner with massaging showerhead.

In a daze Talia left the bathroom to see Jeremiah sitting on the edge of the bed. Jeeves stood by the door waiting.

"Is there anything else, Ms. Walker?"

"Just one thing. What is your name?"

Wrinkles crinkled around his eyes when he smiled at her. "John Bowman, ma'am. You may call me John."

"Thank you, John. Please call me Talia."

He nodded. "If there isn't anything else, I need to go back to tending Mr. Jaxon."

She gave her approval and turned to a stunned Jeremiah.

"Did you know he lived like this?" He asked.

"No. I've never been here besides that one night. Even then I didn't really look around."

Sadness overtook his features. "Are you sure about all this?"

She sat next to him. "I have to do this."

Taking her hand in his he gave it a squeeze. "I love you sweetie. You just say the word and I will get you out of here."

Talia snaked her arms around him. Kissing him on the cheek, "I love you too, Jeremiah. I promise I will call if I need you to slay the dragon."

Jeremiah hugged her back then stood. "I need to go. Good luck, Tal. Call me soon ok?"

Talia nodded watching him leave. Her aching feet begged for relief. Kicking off her shoes she walked over to the windows. The pool girls and movie stars enjoyed themselves below. Tears gathered in her eyes. Pain radiated through her as the urge to cry overtook her.

How had her life become this?

Closing the curtains, locking the door, Talia crawled under the blankets. Burying her face in the pillows she cried. She cried until darkness called her to sleep.