41. Heartbreaking Truth

"Why the hell are you late?" Chrissy asked in a staged whisper.

"Uhm...I don't think you want to know that."

Chrissy sighed and looked at Mariah. "I can only imagine. It had better been worth it because I've been standing here for a half an hour with a very excited six year old."

A smile crossed Talia face. Memories of the past week flew through her mind. Almost every time Zeke and Talia were alone they had some form of sex. In the bathroom, in the barn, in the lake, in the hayloft and one really spicy morning romp on the kitchen counter only minutes before Addie arrived.

Talia was ready to go when Zeke felt the need to have her against the door before they left. She could still feel the echoes of him inside her. Her thighs were still wobbly from the earth shattering orgasm he'd given her.

"It was worth it. I will give you all the details when little ears aren't around."

"What are we talking about?" Zeke's arm slid around Talia's waist.

"Mama said a bad word and Talia promised details later." Talia turned red. "Can we ride the rides now?"

"Absolutely." Zeke said taking Mariah's hand. He winked at Talia leading Mariah to the ticket stand.

"He's a keeper." Chrissy said linking her arm with Talia's.

"Who is?" Rex put his arms around Chrissy and Talia's shoulders.

"Who do you think we are talking about?" Talia asked.

A confused look crossed Rex's face.

"You really are a dumbass. Chrissy was talking about Zeke."

"What about me? Aren't I a keeper?" Rex asked.

"A goal keeper? A secret keeper? How about a zookeeper? I could totally see you working with primates. You'd blend right in." Talia said.

"Why are you so mean to me sis? I only want to love you." Rex grabbed Talia in a tight hug and swung her around.

Talia beat on Rex's shoulder to let her down. Her stomach roiled and not in a good way. When he finally let her go, she stumbled and fell on her butt landing in a wet patch of grass. Rex bent over laughing.

"Why are you being a dick to the woman I love?" Zeke walked over and helped Talia to her feet.

"Woman you love?" Rex and Chrissy said at the same time.

"You've been holding out on me." Chrissy walked over helping Talia get any mud/dirt off her shorts.

"Can we finally go into the fair?" Mariah asked dancing around.

"Let's go." Talia took Mariah's hand as they walked together into the annual peach festival.

Grandin's annual peach festival was the culmination of a year's worth of work. There were rides, food stands, livestock competitions, an auction, baking competition and the crowning of the Peach Princess. It had been the worst time of the year for Talia growing up.

Talia's mother was on so many committees for the festival that she had been forced to participate. Usually she was a judge of the baking competition or helped to set up tents. It did nothing for her reputation as Tubby Talia. Coming back and seeing it was painful.

"Aunt Tally, I wanna go on the bumper cars." Mariah pulled her in that direction.

Talia hadn't even realized she'd stopped walking until Mariah interrupted her thoughts. Talia smiled looking down at the excited little girl and smiled. She sucked in a deep breath banishing the bad memories.