epilogue

26 years later

I was sleeping peacefully when I heard dad chanting  prayer with mom's humming in background.

Not again!!

I covered my ears with pillow but I could still hear them in background, I know they are doing this just to wake me up.

Huffing I got up from bed and freshening up joined them in temple.

It was our ritual. Dad had a strange obsession of disturbing my dear God every morning and mom joined him gladly.

I stood beside them joining my hands ,my eyes fixed on prashad. Soon they finished their morning session  and dad hugged me.

I was a typical daddy's girl And why not .

Mom gave me prashad and kissing my cheeks and made her way towards my idiot elder brother's room.

In terms of sleeping, he was a copy of mom. They both would sleep for hours and it takes alot of hard work for me and dad to wake them up.

Dad took me in a side hug and we made our way towards kitchen.

Today was mom's very important meeting and dad was very nervous and  worried about it.

Strange no? But that's how it goes. I have seen my dad staying up late with mom whenever she works on some design and if I ever ask mom about her achievements. She will just give all credit to my dad. They were goals literally and it was hard to believe that they were once forced for this marriage.

That reminds me I am getting late for college.

"Ruhana" I heard mom calling me and i looked behind to see my dear brother aarav and mom standing there giving me a not so good look.

"You mixed mosquito replant in his perfume?" Mom asked me in a strict tone and I can hear dad giggling in background.

I can't help but hide my smile , as aarav smelled anything but good.

"Manik did you know about it?" Mom asked in a stern tone and I can see dad getting scared.

26 years of marriage and still my dad is scared of my mom and I have no idea how ,because my mom is soo cute and small and whenever she gets angry she looks more cute. But that doesn't stop all of us including aarav to get scared from her .

"Mee? No I mean how" dad stammered and I started laughing.

Moving towards  mom i made the best puppy face ever which i knew will melt her. After all I got that face from both my mom dad.

She melted immediately.

"Will you repeat it again?" She asked cutely and I innocently shook my head.

In background I can see aarav shaking his head in disbelief since he just like dad never drags the issue. He was very calm and silent one just like my dad . Whereas just like my mom I have this strange obsession of playing pranks. I couldn't sleep peacefully if I don't pull a prank and according to dad, mom was the same but in  her case it was cabir uncle and Abhi mamu who were the victims.

"Nandu you are getting late for office.  Go get ready." Dad said from behind and we all looked at watch.

It was just 8 am and mom's meeting was at 11 . She had sufficient time but dad being dad was getting hyper.

Mom shook her head as she moved towards him and took his hands in her's.

Me and aarav looked at them in aww as like everytime dad blushed . It was one of the best thing about them, my mom can romance in front of us and dad would just blush and get more nervous.