The Vow

(Mixed Old+new)

Allac State
Russia

Alaina's pov

"Did you really thought that harming me will hurt Valace Storm? Did you come here telling me all those sweet things to lure me in? All those gestures....did they mean nothing to you?

That day you told me that you misunderstood my stance now today you say you were going to take me to Brazil for extracting your revenge?"

Ever seen an ocean, the waters swallowing the shore every time, drowning it in its love and engulfing its sorrows, telling that even though it can never mix, it will always leave a beautiful imprint on it.

Seeing Ajax infront of me made me tremble, he was my ally, the only person who knew of my true intentions and supported me without any condition. That sunkissed golden skin glowed like burning ambers in the faint light, his hair all dark brown, beautifully unkempt, with features that could bring Adonis to shame, with a few freckles adorning his cheeks.

To say he was handsome was unjustified, he was a god in all his glory but beautiful people were the most dangerous since they could charm a person in their schemes using their innocent looks and then trap them in a firepit so was all his kindness a façade?

"Alaina, I did not intended to harm you like that....never. I just want to tell you truth, I cannot lie-"

"Truth?! "I couldn't form words when my eyes met his- all merciless and beautifully cold. They softened to the shade of forests but today his words had cut deeper than any knife might be able to and I could only say one thing.

"I don't want your truth! Say what were you going to do to me? Kill me? Maybe try to sell me off like the way Valace did once-"

"ENOUGH!" Arms came to clutch my shoulders as his eyes darkened to pitch black, liquid green shimmering with rage in them yet when he saw my lips shut as my red eyes tried to not look at him he

"I am not a monster Alaina....atleast not for innocents, you say my words hurt you yet you try to hurt me equally as bad, does it feels good to make me lose my mind?"

It did not

It felt melancholic

Making him feel what I felt when he told me that he earlier hated me felt anguishing yet at the same time I enjoyed the pain, Ajax Waylon did not make any false promises to me, never said that things were easy instead he told me of the dangers that lurked outside but he will be there with me fighting. He told me the truth was hurtful yet when I persisted he did not hide it from me.

It did hurt my feelings for him, gave me a setback so I wanted him know how heartwrenching his actions were.

His features softened when watching me, it was maybe only a touch for him, maybe just a thing for one time but for me, it meant the whole world.

When I was a kid going through abuse, it was like an unwritten rule for me- to die in solitude, I had left all hopes of ever finding a person for me, who would like a girl so vile and tainted?

They would accept me, maybe for my empire, or for this hideous face which may appear not-so-hideous to some or maybe for this tarnished body. The options were many.

But his oncoming in my life gave me hope and it was so cruel of him to do that to me.

"Today you need to tell me what this means Ajax, If it means nothing to you then lets only work as allies. If you want me to do that I shall never interrupt you like this again."

______________________________________________________

Ajax's Pov

Drug- I was surely a damned person but I have not got addicted to anything all my life other than victory but this moment the consciousness of why there were wars for women, why men sacrificed their life for love and why Shakespeare was too keen to fabricate sonnets for his Rose lady was evident to me.

She was a drug and I was an addict, the first time I saw her descending like an angel from the stairs of that lavish ballroom, my hatred for her froze for a second, for that time being she was my goddess and I was her devotee.

Valace Strom had proclaimed his fake love for Alaina innumerable times, always making her target of his nemesis- a trap in which I was lured.

My stomach churned at the thought of hurting her that day, I wanted to wreck myself for even thinking like that for a second, but as I remembered why I was doing this, abhorrence surged through my body.

I will quench my thirst for vengeance- I had decided that day.

But when the stark truth, that she had gone through depths of dark hell because of him was exposed, it cascaded like an acid across my soul, making my insanity perform a dance of destruction.

I will not let that monster ruin an angel- MY angel. She was brave, I saw that in her eye- the burning fire coating the frost in her heart, the chivalry she had and the valor she displayed, I saw that all.

Now at this exact moment when she said that she would never approach me, it did not fit well with my brain, I liked this woman....liked her maybe too much to be called adoration anymore thus both my palms clutched her wrist and brought them close to my lips for a kiss.

The oath of a Mafia's protection.

Mafia men when devoting their life to someone kissed their wrist to signify complete surrender, maybe me in the past would have never done it since it was people that did it for me but now it was just natural to have her as mine.

Alaina Storm was mine to protect.

"Your every touch is full of meaning to me Laina, so please don't push me away... I will apologize as many times as you ask of me." I never apologized since I never needed to since I was the King and others were my followers but this woman....maybe I was her follower and worshipper.

Right now when my lips touched her wrist trailing to her soft palm and then those porcelain fingers, it caused a yearning sensation.

"I am lending my power to you Alaina Storm."