CONNECTIONS

A/N: All chapters from now onwards belong to the old Devil's Vow book and are not edited. Kindly proceed on your own discretion. The storyline is not altered so it will make sense but since it was my first book with no experience whatsoever so don't expect much. 

Thunderous bullet shots were fired that night and the Spanish mafia was divided into two sects. One that supported Ajax Waylon and others that wished to remain independent. Giovanni's daughter was rescued and the mafia don of five nations was directly in talks with the man after several days.

The red wine glass was swirled with elegance before being taken a sip.

"I am the person who wields power in Spain, why shall I come under your umbrella of security when my people are fully capable?" Giovanni wished to resolve this and extend his hands for an alliance yet the idea of coming under the wings of one mafia emperor was absurd.

"What I am proposing is not an alliance between two people but protection from my side, you are not an omnipotent man since mafia is all you have invested in, rather than that for me who has my terms with governments of various countries and a legal business empire I can assure your and your people's lives...furthermore if any of the clans ever tried to harm you, it will be my responsibility to defeat them.

That did not solved all the problems, three rounds of talks were held, many mafia families were invited. Some whose powers were diminishing while others had threats from all sides, all the while Ajax ensured not to involve people that were in shady businesses like human trafficking.

At last an alliance was formed that shall not come to Valace's support. Now all it came down to the showtime.

_____________________________________________

Alaina's POV

I was sitting in Ajax's kitchen- all lush with white porcelain and grey- black walls with sleek silver enhancements, all in all it looked royal.

I twirled my cup of coffee, the rosy aroma of it calming my nerves. Years back it was a dark fabel - the story of a kid who murdered his own father and converted his business of hard-earned money to a Mafian empire ruling with an iron fist.

Now graciously standing at the counter with a recipe book in his hand, looking all adorable and confused, eyebrows scrunching together and lips were drawn in a pout
Can he be his father's killer?

"Jax"
"Hmmm .......do you like Chinese or Italian?" he asked with much curiously.

"I like both, but a pizza would be nice for now."
"Alright ,pizza it is then."

I shook my head and a smile fought it's way to my lips when I saw him closing the cookbook and dialing Pizza Hut but soon my brain brought me back to the reality.

"Jax....can we talk?" He eyes met mine and it became crystal clear that I was talking in all seriousness so he took a chair in front of me.

"What do wanted to talk about?"

"Look, if I am at your side I should know details about our plan, the past- your and mine should be clear to one another" his body tensed.

"Ajax....what happened to your father?" his body became rigid and stiff, the warm expression on his face was long gone replaced with chilling rage.

"Drop this topic Alaina." he replied with gritted teeth and with so much hostility that I flinched.

"Look.....I will tell you soon." I bobbed my head.

"You wanted to take revenge from Valace by hurting me.......what now?"his eyes contained sorrow for one second ,they ignited the other.

"Revenge or not, I was not going to hurt you but now as fate plays cards in my favour.........Cally-"