6-Ayuka

My eyes widened and I felt like I couldn't move as I watched this thing crawl out of the sewer. It stepped closer to me, making my heart pound. I glared into his eyes as they turned red, but he didn't react like usual. He froze for only a second before coming at me quickly.

His strange liguified body wrapped around me and I could barely move. "You'll be my new vessel for me to hide in.." He hissed before some of the green sludge was forced into my mouth.

I struggled against him. I couldn't breath, it started to hurt as it traveled down my throat. Tear filled the corners of my eyes as I tried to pull the slime away. My vision became blurry and I felt like I was about to cough up my internal organs. My gag reflex was kicking in and it was so painful because I couldn't get it out of my mouth.

My arms and legs started to feel week and my eyelids felt heavy. My arms dropped to the side and just before my eyes shut I saw a figure stepping towards the two of us.

--

When I came to, I looked up and saw a thin man with cracked lips and messy blue hair. "You're awake, glad to see it kid." His voice was scratchy, matching the cracks in his lips. Has this guy never heard of Chapstick.

I sat up and leaned on my hand as I sheilded my eyes from the sun with the other. "Who.. Who are you?" I asked, looking to the man in all black.

"Call me Shigaraki.. I got rid of our green friend for you by the way."

"Oh.. Thanks I guess." I stood up and walked over to where he was leaning against the wall. "Why did you save me..? Are you a hero in training or something?"

He chuckled, scratching his neck. "No,.. Not really." He turned to face me directly. "I want to help you, Midoriya.. You have a very strong quirk, I'm not even sure you realize the extent of your power.."

"I'm grateful that you saved me but I don't understand. And how do you know my name?"

"Don't worry about it,.. Do you want me to help you, or do you want to keep living like this?" He smiled, emphasizing the cracks in his lips.

"I don't know what you mean.." I glanced to the side. "Thanks for saving me but I'm not sure I should trust you.."

"That's fine.." He reached into his pocket carefully, and offered me a small card. "You can call me any time.. I'll be waiting." He waved over his shoulder and left.

"Ok.." I looked down at the card which had a number and the name Tomura Shigaraki.

The scenario was odd but intriguing to say the least. What did he mean by 'help me'? How? And with what?

I just put the small paper in my pocket and found my backpack. There was a strange grey dust on the ground but I didn't question it much. I ran my fingers through my hair as I felt the crisp air on my skin walking down the road.

I pushed the buttons to open the gate and walked down the lengthy driveway, instantly noticing the steel blue corvette in the driveway. I slid my fingers over the sleek car as I passed, walking up to the front door.

When I stepped in, the sounds of quiet laughs and chatting filled the air. I pulled my shoes off and dropped my backpack and jacket on the ground.

I walked through the house, looking around the corners, searching for the source of the voices. I soon found dad and miss Kana sitting at the large dinner table. Both held sweet smiles as they gazed into each others eyes, talking about whatever.

I rolled my eyes, "Miss Kana, you're back.."

She snapped out of her daze and bounced out of her seat. "Oh, Izuku, how have you been doing, sweety?" She wrapped her thin arms around me, her curly blonde hair tickling my face.

"I'm fine."

She pulled away and ruffled my hair, resting her hand on my cheek. "Really, sweety? Have you been sleeping lately, you look like a ghost.."

"He said he's fine," dad stood up and put his arm around her slim waist. I glared at him, gritting my teeth.

She looked at him for a second and sighed. "Alright.."

"...what did the doctor say?" I asked, refocusing my eyes on miss Kana.

"Things aren't looking good. They think if she doesn't use her quirk at all, she could live for another two years.."

I frowned, "Where is Ayuka? Can I see her?"

"She's upstairs, sleeping." Dad grunted.

"You can go if you want, sweety.." Miss Kana smiled softly.

I nodded, "thanks."

"Don't wake her up, she needs to sleep." Dad said as I turned around.

"Yeah, yeah.." I muttered as I turned around the corner and walked up the stairs towards her room.

I pushed the door open slowly and stepped in, seeing her small form laying atop of the large bed. She turned six a few weeks ago, but due to her condition, she barely looks four.

I walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. "Hey, Ayuka.." I mumbled quietly.
I brushed some of her short pale-blue hair out of her face. Her features were gentle and her freckles contrasted her pale skin, she looked so peaceful.

She always slept well because of her quirk and I envied that. Our quirks are complete opposites, day and night, black and white, good and bad, happy and sad. She could sleep and I couldn't.

"I missed you.." I spoke though I knew she couldn't hear me. "You could always make my day better but you're going to the hospital more and more.. I could barely see you recently."

I sighed as I looked down at the floor. "I was knocked out today.. I don't know for how long but it was long enough to make me terrified.."

I don't have to be out for long, I can't even remember what I dream about when I wake up. I just remember the horror or pain that I felt.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do when you're gone,.." I pulled my knee up to my chest. "You're my sister,.. and my friend.." I wiped away a tear as it fell down my face.

"Izuku.."

My head fell as I heard Ayuka's small voice behind me. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you.." I turned to see her silvery-purple eyes staring at me. "How much of the did you hear?" I faked a smile for her.

"Just the last bit.." She sat up and wrapped her arms around my neck. "I missed you, Izuku. I don't like hospitals."

"I know.."

She pulled away and sat on her knees. "Do you want to sleep.."

I shook my head, looking at her sadly. "I can't let you do that for me anymore."

"Izuku, please. I wan't to help you, I know how bad you're nightmares are.. I can hear you screaming in your room when you actually do sleep..and the bags under your eyes just keep getting darker, please." She started to beg me, tears welling in her eyes.

"Ayuka.. Haven't you been listening to the doctors? You know you shouldn't use your quirk anymore."

"Izuku.. Please. I can help you,.. just let me. You need to sleep you can't be afraid of it forever.."

I closed my eyes, sighing. "....fine.."