52-Sports Festival pt.4

The rest of the sports festival went by easily enough and the matches became more interesting as the rounds went on. My next match, after several others, was more challenging but I still came out on top quickly enough.

At this point in the day, with only two rounds left, I'm mostly wishing for the festival to end, it has been rather exhausting doing this all day.

(Aka: author is tired of writing about the sports festival for a whole fuckin month..)

I sighed with my head rested on my hand, watching as Bakugou put an end to the current match. Great, I thought. I got out of my seat, the class's eyes following me as I went out into the hall again.

There would be a longer break to build anticipation for the last battle that would decide the winnder of the Sports Festival. I headed down to the locker rooms and fished a bag of trail mix from my bag where I had left it. I sat down in one of the uncomfortable metal chairs and began to eat as my eyeslids felt heavy and a yawn passed my lips.

I wasn't there ten minutes when a certain obnoxious blond walked into the room. "Oi, Icey-hot! There you are," he shouted as he stomped over to where I was sitting. "I want you to listen to me, bastard!"

I rolled my eyes. "Hard not to when your yelling, idiot," I muttered under my breath.

"Shut it! I don't want you holding anything back in our fight, ya hear me?!"

I sighed. "Yeah, I hear you, Bakugou," I scoffed. "But I won't be using my flames, you're not wirth it."

"Listen, bastard, I'm telling you that I am worth all that you've got 'kay?! I'm worth it!"

I looked up when I felt slight desperation in his tone, his expression held nothing but anger but it struck me as odd that he had practically just come to beg.

"Why should I?," I asked simply, testing him.

He growled before slamming his fist down on the table in front of me. "I don't have to give you any reason, asshole! I'm gonna be the best, I have to be!" I lowered my brows, hearing that same sense of weakness in his voice, I might just be nitpicking or paying too much attention to nothing though.

"Then I'll surrender, I'm sleepy anyway and you'll win."

He grabbed my shirtfront and pulled me out of the chair, gritting his teeth as he stared into my eyes. "Don't you dare, I have to prove it. You quitting would prove nothing," he snarled.

I rolled my eyes again and pushed myself away from him. "Whatever. I don't use my left side because of a grudge, sure you can understand that much, so it takes quite a bit to change my mind."

"Like earlier," he started and I already didn't like where this was going. "In the cavalry battle, you were overwhelmed. Then that brainwashing guy was getting under your skin about Deku betraying you and becoming a villain," he spoke more calmly than I've ever heard from him as he thought he all over. And dammit he was right on the money. It pissed me off for the last time today.

I grabbed his shirt and shoved him against the wall, glaring into his eyes. "You keep fucking talking, I'll withdraw and leave right now."

"Stop denying the facts, half-n-half bastard! Your 'friend' is exactly what I warned you, don't act like it's all fi-" I shoved him against the wall again, having enough of his ridiculing comentary.

"Oi! Stop fucking pushin' me around, you ass!," he shouted, shoving me iff of him with small exploaions in his palms.

"Stop talking shit, then!" I pulled my hand back to punch him, not caring that both of us would probably get in trouble for this.