16-Red Eyed Nightmare

Green_boi: shit, guys I'm getting tired..

Iceyhot: you should go to sleep then

Tired.af: yeah its almost 11 anyway

I yawned and wiped my eyes. Fuck.

Green_boi: I can't sleep tho

Tired.af: just put ur phone down, stupid

Iceyhot: did you even sleep when we were at shinsou's?

Tured.af: oh yeah, when I woke up you were already awake

Well this was bound to happen even eventually, right? I'm backed into a corner though. I hate it. I just stared at the blinding light of my screen for a few moments.

Green_boi: Guys, I can't

Tired.af: wdym

Green_boi: I don't want to say it...

Iceyhot: you can tell us anything

Green_boi: I know..

Green_boi: I just.. I'm scared to.

Tired.af: to sleep?

Green_boi: yeah.

Green_boi: because of my quirk, I cant sleep without having a nightmare.

Iceyhot: have you tried relaxing music..?

Green_boi: i've tried everything, my quirk trumps it all

Green_boi: and I'm out of pills that keep me up😑

Tired.af: Midoriya, that's really not good for you

Iceyhot: dammit, when's the last time you slept?

Green_boi: it doesn't matter.

Tured.af: that's why the circles under your eyes are so damn dark. Midoriya, please go to sleep. You can call us and rant if you wake up from a nightmare

Iceyhot: your gonna make yourself sick living like that. Those pills aren't good if you use them constantly

Green_boi: damn. I'll mute this fucking chat if you're gonna be like that

Tired.af: Midoriya, he's right..

Iceyhot: dont get mad at us, I'll drop it if that's what you want, but I still think you need to sleep. And like Shinsou said, you can call either of us if you need to.

Green_boi: sorry. I'm just irritable rn and I'm not mad I'm just really terrified to fall asleep. The last time I slept well on my own was when I was a kid

Tired.af: I get that, and this is the last time I'll say it, but you should try to sleep regardless.

I rolled over on my side and looked at the messages. I know they're right. God do I know it. But it seems like everytime I close my eyes there's a different monster just sitting on my eyelids.

Green_boi: ..ok

Iceyhot: goodnight Midoriya

Tired.af: call us if you need to alright?

Green_boi: yeah

I turned off my phone and plugged it in before setting it on my bedside table. Instantly, the darkness of my room seemed to terrify me.

I took a shaky breath as I looked around the room, at all the shadowy figures of my furniture.

I turned on my side and pulled the blanket over my head. It was hotter under the blanket and harder to breath, but I didn't care about that.

I wrapped my arms around my stomach and closed my eyes tightly.

A screeching voice yelled and echoed in the air.

I turned in every direction, seeing nothing but my own reflection. Everywhere I turned there was a mirror, like I was running through a fun house.

My pupils were black and my hair fell into my eyes.

The peircing shreik got louder as I turned frantically, looking for a way out of this hell hole.

I looked up to the blood-red sky and saw the orange hues of clouds swimming around. The sky seemed to spin and race by as I looked up, I became dizzy, entranced by the movement and stumbled around the maze of mirrors.

"You're worthless."

"Stupid."

"You'll never be a hero."

"Monster."

"That kid scares me."

"Just kill yourself."

"Freak."

"Villain."

"Why are you trying?"

"You're horrifying."

A million voices overlapped, on top of the screeching, and made my ears bleed. I finally fell after staring at the clouds that flowed like water over moving rocks.

Every mirror fell to peices as I collided with only one.

I seemed to fall forever, head first. My head pounded as my eyes flooded with black tears.

I crashed into a checkered floor, feeling tiny as each square was almost 10x10ft.

My heart pounded and my mind only had one thought. RUN. I got to my feet and did exactly that. I found that the ground was covered in water, being pushed by my feet as I sprinted forward. My hair blew out of my face and it was difficult to see through my dark tears. I ignored a glowing red light that came behind me from the moment I took a single step.

I fell back and wiped my face as I hit a wall out of nowhere. When I opened my eyes, I was at UA and the wall I had just hit was the outside of the building.

A bright red had reflected in the Windows of the school, contrasting the the sky blue just behind it.

I could hear my heavy breathing and could feel my heart beating in my chest as I got to my feet. I stared up at the building, unable to make out what was reflecting from behind me.

I closed my eyes as I was breathing heavily. Slowly, I turned--eyes still closed--until I had done a 180.

I took a deep breath, attempting to steady my breathing before I opened my eyes.

And that's what I saw staring back at me. A pair of large red eyes, mine, floated in the sky and glared down at me.

I jumped forward, tears flooding from my eyes and there was a dim light shining through the curtains.