45-Questioning

"Hey, Midoriya."

I jumped in my skin and walked out into the room. It was warmly lit by a small lamp in the corner of the room.

"Um. Dabi.."

"What's up?"

I shut the door to my room quietly. "It's like three a.m., what're you doing up..?"

"Could ask you the same question." He hasn't even looked at me, sitting at the bar with a boorish expression and a drink in front of him.

"Fair enough," I mumble. "I asked first."

He smirked, "childish." Then he turned to me, "just couldn't sleep, kay? Your turn. ..I heard you talkin' to yourself in there a bit."

"Oh." "Could I tell you the truth..?," I mumble.

"It'd be nice."

I sigh and take a seat, a few down from him, at the bar. I rest my arms in my lap and look down with a bare expression. "I'm have some doubts.. Not about being a villain or traitor really,.. kinda just- hurting and.. killing people."

"Look up, kid." I did. His expression was reading mine and soft, we'll, as soft as a face covered in dark burn scars could be. "It's fine for you to be doubting that, good even. To be honest, I don't like the idea of you being here at all, villainy isn't a life for a kid."

"But- you don't seem to care about stuff like that. You even went with me to kill Endeavor."

He nodded and sighed. "That was mostly because it was personal. But, what you don't know is that I was prepared to take all the blame if anything were to happen. I'd do the same for Toga 'cause she's just as young but she's a brat."

"Why.. You hate Toga and honestly you barely know me.."

He shugged with a raspy chuckle, "you're too young, like I said. And besides, you're a lot like my own little brother, I don't even want to think about what I'd do if he went darkside.."

[I just can't help making Dabi a soft and protective older brother lol, I did it in my book 'gone' too if anyone here remembers that]

"Shouto.." he nodded. "I don't think you have to worry about that, he was really upset when I left."

He sighed, "anyway.. Why were you sneekin' around here?"

"Oh," I look away. "There's someone I wanted to talk to, I didn't want to wake anyone up."

"So you're leaving again? Midoriya, you have to realize it's dangerous going out so much." I looked up as Dabi turned, our eyes landed on Shigaraki leaning against the wall in the shadows.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna get caught-"

"You keep saying that, but you can't promise you won't. You can't just say that you'll be careful then woopdy-do your fine, it's not how it works."

I roll my eyes, "You can't stop me, Shigaraki. My power is stronger than yours, and I'm pretty smart so I know I won't get caught." I got out of my seat and started walking to the door.

He scoffed, "Midoriya stop. You're acting wreckless, that's not good for any of us."

"Even if I do get caught, I wouldn't rat you out, though you are being kind of a dick right now."

"A dick?! I'm being reasonable!"

"Well stop being reasonable and let me go."

"Midoriya I told you-!"

"Shigaraki stop.." Dabi cut in calmly.

"I said leave me alone!," I yelled, ignoring Dabi's comment.

Shigaraki froze and stepped back a bit, my eyes glowing red. I didn't even mean to use my quirk, I was just angry. I looked away and went out the door into the night.

What is wrong with me, I thought as I made my way down the street. I've changed so much, since I started using my quirk again it's been just like when I was a kid, but now I'm stronger and it feels different to use my power.

--

"Kacchan you're so cool! When I get my quirk, I hope it's just as cool as yours."

"Whatever, deku," no matter what quirk you get you'll never be as strong as I am."

Since Kacchan's quirk doveloped all the kids in our class have been excited to get our own quirks.

I was one of the last few that got their quirk in the class, it didn't really go well.

I was talking with one of my friends, I was telling a story about a scary movie my parents were watching the night before. I started to explain to them one of the scenes I saw from around the corner when he interrupted me, screaming.

I stopped talking and looked at him confused, "hey.. It wasn't that scary, you didn't see it either."

"Stop it! Stop! Mommy, someone!" He ran over to the teacher as I stood from my desk, he started saying that there was a monster and all eyes fell to me.

"I-I didn't do anything.."

It only took a few more incidents like that to realize it was my quirk and I hated it.

--

"Momma, all the kids are scared of me 'cause of my stupid quirk.." I cried in Momma's lap as she played with my hair.

"It'll all be okay sweetheart.. Someday you'll find a way to do good with your power. You're my little hero."

I sat up and looked at her, wiping away my tears. I saw her flinch a bit but smile. "Really? D'you mean that..?"

She closed her eyes with a nod. "I do, sweety. You'll always be my boy," she wrapped her arms around me and I rested my head on her shoulder.

"Thanks momma.."

--

Bakugou pushed me into the wall where no-one could see, his face close to mine with a threatening scowl. I hated whenever he'd do this, it was like he didn't want me to forget he didn't like me.

"People are spreading rumors you're tryin' to get into UA. You heard that? It's all bullshit right?"

I narrowed my eyes, "how did anyone find out..?"

He backed away and slapped his hand across my face before grabbing the collar of my shirt. "Listen shitface, you'll never get into that school. With a quirk like yours you have no chance."

"It's not the quirk, it's what you do with it.."

"What'd you say?!"

--

I sighed, clearing my thoughts. I turned around the corner and got to the bus stop.

(Hope u like it guys UwU)