Prologue

For each chapter, I will provide a song that I think adds to the experience.

Stoick Saves Hiccup from How To Train Your Dragon 2

18 years ago

"Are there any saviors?"

"Very few Priestess,"

"Find the children, hide them. Keep them safe Mayline, they are our last hope,"

"Yes, Priestess,"

Hot orange tongues of flames devoured houses, spreading with no mercy. Charred corpses littered the ground, giving off a putrid smell.

Mayline rushed to the temple, one of the only structures that weren't touched by the flames.

The faint cries of the babies fueled her to move faster. She had to get to them before he did.

The four of them laid in one crib, two of them were asleep, one was crying, the other laying still watching Mayline with her big eyes.

"Shhh little one let your mind rest," She pressed one finger to the crying baby's forehead and watched as she fell asleep.

"Mayline!"

She turned more than ecstatic to see her brother running toward her.

"Jack! Here take two. We have to hide them," Mayline instructed as she used her magic to open a portal. She didn't care where as long as it put distance between them.

Picking up the last two in her arms she followed Jack into the portal, it closed as they stepped forward.

The portal spat them out in a dark ally, in front of them was a busy road. City noise rang heavy in the air, corns honking, people yelling, taxi wheels gliding over the rain.

Mayline didn't hesitate, time was too precious to waste a single second.

"Take those two and make sure they are separated, their magic is too strong together, he will find them,"

"Only they can take down Edward, they should be together," Jack protested

Mayline gave a sharp sigh, they didn't have time to debate this.

"And they will, just not right now. When the time is right they will find each other again,"

Jack glanced down to the sleeping infants in his arms, only born a few hours ago.

How could something so small and innocent have the power of a bomb inside of its tiny body, he thought.

Giving in, he let out a sigh of defeat.

"Okay,"

"They haven't been named yet, we should give them names," Mayline gave a pitiful look at the children.

Jack nodded, sharing her look.

"They are names that our coven will remember forever,"

Thunder boomed above, the rain was sure to follow. It seemed to spark their adrenaline again and they both snapped back into reality.

"I will meet up with you," Mayline informed, " Go make sure that they put somewhere safe,"

They went separate ways down the street.

Jack rushed down the street, holding the two babies close to him. He looked at the building as he walked by. Somewhere, there had to be somewhere he could drop one of them off. He stopped as he read a sign on an older building.

Seattle's Home For Troubled Girls

He looked down at the little girl in his left arm.

"You'll be safe here...Hale,"

He whispered a spell under his breath and watched as the name embroidered its self onto the blanket.

The baby looked up him, with her dark eyes. She didn't cry or smile, she just stared at him.

His heart tugged as he realized what it was in her little orbs, betrayal, he was leaving her behind.

"We will see each other again, I promise,"

Jack gave her a kiss on her forehead and set her down on the steps and knocked on the door.

Trying not to look back, Jack rushed down the porch steps and down the street, now holding the small boy in both arms.

Sticking to the shadows, Jack searched for a home for the boy.

Sirens wailed down the street, an ambulance rushed passed, Jack hurried and tried to follow it's path.

A few streets over he reached a hospital.

Running up the steps, Jack entered the hospital. It was mostly empty, who knew what time it was. The only nurse was talking to a group of tear-stained individuals. 

Going up to the empty window Jack muttered the spell again and watched as letters wrote themselves onto the blanket.

"Goodbye Ryker," Jack whispered and set the child on the desk and tapped the bell for assistance. He got out of there before the nurse could see him.

Mayline was waiting for him outside.

"How did it go?"

Jack shook his head not wanting to talk about it. He was having a hard time fighting the tears back, where Mayline was letting them stream down her face silently, she pretended as if they weren't there though.

"What do we do now?" he asked meeting her at the bottom of the stairs.

"Now we watch. And wait until they are ready to complete their prophecy."

She said before stepping back into a portal. Jack quickly followed. They both waiting for the day that they would come back together.