Chapter 37 - I Have Commit Issue's (Hale)

Way Down We Go - KALEO

My eyes shifted under their lids, maybe skin coated in cold sweat, my limbs tangled in the sheets as I shifted back and forth.

There were whispers in. my head, shouting at me, but I couldn't make out their words, like they were underwater. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't focus on any of the words.

Finally my eyes shot open and I was able to catch my breath.

A new type of nightmares had now invaded my dreams.

I hadn't mentioned it to anyone, but the voice that had called to me at the cave never really left. The further away I got from the cave the quieter it was, like turning down the volume on the radio. Durning the night I couldn't help but hear it, like thunder in my own skull.

I heard her in my head, her command whispered like a siren call. Normally I could shove it away enough to fall asleep, but tonight, it was persistent.

"Go Hale, find it,"

It had been weeks since I heard her voice, not since she told me how to win the fight against Caleb.

I was on my feet now, with each step the voices became just a tad bit clearer. I just had to hear them and they would leave me alone and I could get some sleep.

"Hale?"

The carpet was gone now, replaced by the squish of moss and dirt, pebbles dug into my skin with each step. The night air left goosebumps in my bare arms. Yet I kept going, as if everything was just an after thought, not really there.

They were getting much clearer now. I could hear different voices and their tones, but I was only looking for one in particular.

I kept going, eyes closed to focus on sound.

My brain was tired, I just wanted to get a peaceful night of sleep. Just needed them to leave me alone.

"Hale!"

The vibrations of a rumble echo'd around me.

Grass and dirt turned to cold stone.

This was much better like finding the right frequency, just A little further. a little more left, a little more right, just needing to find that sweet spot.

"Hale?"

Sharp stone cut into my foot but I couldn't stop now, I was too close.

The warmth of success washed over me, I could tell I was just a steps away from relief, I went to go further and slammed into something hard.

I opened my eyes, or maybe just focused on the world again, and came face to face with rock. I was pressed against it like I could melt into it.

I let out a long breath and took a few steps back. I rolled my shoulders and my feet ached.

"Gods dammit Hale! Answer me!"

My skin prickled at the dominantice in the voice forced me to look back. I found a very anxious looking Lev looking at me. I eyed her then traveled the the background to where we were.

We were in the dark caves again, when I looked back at Lev she looked like she was about to loose it.

"What are you doing here?" We're the first words that I could think of, they came out almost defensivly.

Her face went a little red and her words came out huffy.

"Oh you know, just wondering why didn't invite me on your relaxing two in the morning walk!"