Chapter 26 - I Wish My Father Wasn't So Supportive (Jade)

Shatter Me - Lindsey Stirling

I whimpered as my alarm went off. I had only ended up only getting four hours of sleep and I hated myself for it.

I needed to be at the theater in an hour, prepping, practicing, double-checking I had every costume piece I needed.

When the snooze went off I dragged myself out of bed.

I pulled on my last clean pair of sweatpants.

As I brushed my teeth I thought of last night's events, my amazing night with Liam had been a dream. I'd have to speak with Hale, sometime soon, I hadn't planned on her coming by last night. Though nothing that happened last night was planned.

I opened my medicine cabinet and made sure I took my birth control, then clasped my necklace around my throat.

I gathered up all of my stuff and pulled on my shoes, I was going to be late if I didn't get a move on.

I pulled the cord from my phone and glanced at it, besides a few useless game notifications there was a text from Liam.

I had fun last night, I'm sorry we couldn't spend the whole night together. Have a good practice I'll see you tonight, break a leg!

My cheeks heated and I bit my lip, a smile slowly spread across my face.

"Well, you look like shit,"

I nearly dropped my phone as I jumped, my eyes snapped up, and saw Hale leaning on my door frame.

"How the hell do you keep getting in my house," I grumbled as I tried to resume a normal heartbeat.

She cocked her head to the side a bit and gave a cheeky smile.

"Luck. I was going to talk to you last night but you looked like a cat in heat so I rescheduled,"

I grimaced at her with narrowed eyes.

"I remember thanks, but I actually need to get going," I grimaced with a sharp breath.

Hale gave an amused smile before pushing back to her feet and stepped closer to me.

"Yeah yeah, I can walk and talk,"

I was about to object but when I looked into her eyes, behind the humor and defensiveness I could see the anxiety she was trying to hide.

I pressed my lips into a tight line.

"Fine, but your helping,"

I reached down and grabbed my dance bag and held it out to her.

She pulled the straps over her shoulder.

I grabbed my coat, purse, and shoe bag and motioned Hale to follow me.

As I turned to lock the front door, my eyes glanced over to Hale.

"So what is going on that breaking into my house seems so important?" I asked, turning the key until it clicks.

"Okay well, first I never broke in, each time your father let me in. He seems to like me," Hale gave a short smile then continued. "Second, it seems that my decision on where I'm moving just got a lot more complicated,"

My jaw tightened, it seems that Lev might have taken my advice, I just hoped she left my name out of it.

"Lev thinks that I should move in with her. I mean I've known her for barely even a month! How the hell does she think that's a good idea?" She expressed in long thought out breaths.

"I don't know, but she seems to like you a lot Hale, you can see it in her eyes. It's like she loves you already," The words come out before thinking and I noticed that I was several steps ahead of her now.