Chapter 20 - Life Gives Me A Day Off (Jade)

Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis

Liam and I were laying on the couch, I was reading and he was mindlessly playing with my hair.

Dad was working late again, so we were all alone.

"When's your dad coming home?" Liam asked.

"I'm not sure, late. That's his normal," I murmured, flipping the page of my book. Liam held me close.

Keys jingled outside the door, my heart stopped and I jumped up.

"Make your self invisible from him, I'll make sure he doesn't notice anything," I instructed.

The door opened and dad came inside, I could smell the smoke from his uniform.

"Hey, sweetheart," he greeted, giving me a tired grin.

I glanced at Liam who was standing next to me.

"Hey, dad your home early,"

The spell was working, Liam moved to the closed door, dad saw nothing.

Magic was becoming easier to process the more I saw it. I hadn't practiced any on my own yet. But seeing Liam and his family use it made it seem more normal.

"Yeah, slow night, they sent me home,"

I concentrated hard on making him focus on me so he didn't notice the door moving.
Liam opened the door and blew me a kiss before he left.

"Okay, well I was just on my to bed," I lied.

"Okay, goodnight,"

"Night Dad,"

Once I got to my room, I got ready for bed. After I was all tucked in, I checked my phone.

Home safe and sound, Good night Xo Liam.

I went to sleep still smiling.

I woke up groggy and glared at my alarm clock.I was wasting time by just laying in bed and I needed to get going, but my heavy eyelids didn't seem to agree.

There was only a few more weeks until the recital and the mini dance class id been teaching was going perfectly. Each and every girl was extremely dedicated and focused with their whole being turning class, at first it was slightly unnerving, seemed almost unaturl, then I remembered being their age and how it felt to swim gracefully through music to be on a gaint stage with all my friends.

When I looked back to the clock my heart thudded and my laziness was shoved away as I untangled myself from the blanket and stumbled to my closet.

I pulled on my black leotard and tights, covering up with sweatpants and a heavy sweatshirt. I coiled my hair tight in a bun and clasped my necklace around my throat. I quickly grabbed a granla bar for breakfast and my bag and then dashed out of the apartment and into the street, hauling down a taxi.

I made it just in time and flashed a weary smile one of my friends who smirked and shook her head looking over to the clock on the wall.

I fumbled with my keys as I opened the door to the studio. I unlocked the cabnit that housed my stuff and the stereo and notebooks.

I stripped the bulky clothes off and got my music ready.

After my class was ready it was time for my actual lessons.

Ms.Cross was excited when she saw me, she was holding a box with nicely packaged clothes.

"They came! All your costume! I mean just look at the one for your ballet piece!" She squealed, she wrinkled crinkled as she smiled wide.