Chapter 7 - The Motherfucking Audacity  (Hale)

West Coast - Lana Del Ray

It hurt to breathe, every breath was like being kicked. When I opened my eyes it took them a second to process the light.

My memories came to me like being hit by a train. I bolted straight up and was hit with a wave of pain, a wave that kept going till I laid back down. I let out a gasp, which was followed by shallow pants of breath, as the pain slowly started to die down.

So not good.

I looked around, I wasn't in my room at the academy. I was in someone else's room, In someone else's apartment. I was covered with a white comforter with white sheets. The room clean was except for some clutter on the desk and an overflowing laundry hamper.

"Hale?" A womens voice called out, the same one  from last night.

And they had me in a bed, defenseless and vulnerable.
I pushed back the fear and looked around for a weapon, the best I could find was a pen on the bedside table.

"Hale, Gods dammit stop,"

I stopped reaching for the pen and looked over to the door.

She was taller then me, at least 5'6 and had dark brown hair that was pin, naturally tanned skin, she was beautiful. I met her soft brown eyes that were glaring at me concerned.

"Lay back down, I know you're in pain," She said in a calm tone.

She was right, stretching my body like this was causing all sorts of pain. I laid back down and gave a sigh of defeat.

"Who are you," I growled sending her a threating glare.

She came in and sat in the edge of the bed, I moved my legs away from her, setting the line.

"I'm Levana, but most people just call me Lev," She answered.

I hated this feeling of defenselessness. I didn't know where I was or who I was with.

"Where am I?"

"My apartment, about five blocks away from your home,"

She was watching me, it was kind of creepy and made me feel uncomfortable. I looked out the window to avoid looking at her.

"Why did you bring me here?"

She sighed and rubbed her eyes.

"That is a heavy question, but mainly I brought you here so that you were safe,"

I opened my mouth to ask more questions but Lev stood up and came to my side. I tried to push myself away but I had minimal effort.

"Hale come on, you can trust me,"

I laughed in disbelief.

"Trust you? I don't even know you! I have no idea why I'm here or what you want from me! Yet for some reason, you are concerned for my safety, which by the way I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself-"

That seemed to set her off, she stood up quickly and  pulled the covers off of me. She quickly scooped me up in his arms, she was strong, like I was nothing for then a sack of potato's to her.

"Let go of me!" I grunted squirming around in her grip, Which just ended up hurting myself more than her.

In a lucky shift my elbow connected with her nose and she let go of me. I went tumbling to the floor.