Chapter 11 - I Vist My Pycho Friend In The Hospital (Jade)

Dancing With Your Ghost - Sasha Sloan

The gravel hurt my feet beneath me, but my mind was so far away I barely noticed. I only had two texts from my dad.

Hey gotta tell me when you leave...... Gonna be home late again Are you okay?

I texted him back that I was sorry and that I was on my way home. I knew he wouldn't respond for a few hours.

I made my home ready to change into some sensible clothes. The apartment was empty when I came home to no surprise at all.

I went to my room and changed into some yoga pants and a t-shirt. I tied my hair up and shuffled my feet into some shoes.

I called the hospital as I raided the pantry for food.

"This is Seattle Medical Center, Melissa speaking, how may I help you?" a woman answered.

"Hi, I have a friend that was admitted the other night, Caleb Willin. I was just wondering if friends were open to visitation yet?"

I bite into a granola bar as I heard her type into her computer.

"Mhmm, I don't see any restrictions... Yes, visitation is open to everybody,"

"Thank you," I smiled and I hung up the phone.

I had an hour until I had to be back at magic manor (what else car we gonna call it?). I must have been asleep for hours if it was almost five, I thought as I stuffed the dress into a garbage bag to give back to Jack and Mayline.

I hopped into a taxi and was at the hospital in less than ten minutes. I paid the driver and ran into the medical building. There was a nurse at the desk.

"Caleb Willin?" I asked a little rushed.

My stomach was starting to twist up. I had no idea how he was going to look like. What if his parents are there? What am I going to tell him, do they know I was with him?

"224," she answered monotoned.

I took off to the room, but once I got to the room I was more hesitant. I slowly turned the handle and went into the room. As soon as I walked in I could hear the beeping of machines. My face fell as I took him in. He had a deep colored bruise on his head were he was knocked into his coma. He had light marks around where he was choked.

"They found him in the street, they think it was a mugging gone wrong. The doctors say he fought back,"

I turned around to face a distraught Mrs. Willin. I gave her a hug, her tears bled into my shirt.

"How long until he wakes up," I asked pulling away.

"They don't know exactly, they think two weeks maybe more,"

I didn't know what to say so I just nodded.

"I didn't even know he was gone. I woke up this morning from a call from the police,"

I gulped as I thought about how he picked me up last night, he was so energized, ready to take on the world.

"I'm glad that you came to visit him. The doctors say that he can hear us. I keep telling him stories that he liked as a kid or play the music that he likes. Anything to make him want to wake up,"

The voice her voice shook with fear and sadness made me want to cry with her, but I had shed enough tears for today, any more and my face would permanently be red and puffy.

My heart bled for her. I wanted to help her, I'm a witch I should be able to help her, help him. I'd have to ask Jack and Mayline about it.

"Maybe what he really needs is to talk with his best friend, I'll give you two some space,"