Chapter 13 - Just Some Family History

Love Goes On and On - Lindsey Stirling

~Peyton~

I was the first one back at the manor. Jack and Mayline were in the kitchen, talking with happy smiles on their faces.

They looked over at me when they noticed I was there.

"Hey." I greeted as I set my stuff down and took a seat at a bar stool.

"Good, your back. How's Michelle?" Mayline asked genuinely interested.

It shouldn't surprise me that she knew my mom's name, I mean she did admit to watching me my whole life, it still didn't shake the creepy feel of it.

"She's calmed down, she looking after my little brother."

"Oh, I love watching you with little August. It's so sweet." Mayline thought aloud.

I moved uncomfortable with how much she knew about me. I wanted to take the spotlight off me and put it anywhere else.

"So what do you guys do when you not stalking us?" I asked trying to be funny and hoped they caught onto it.

"Thinking of ways to stop your father. Our whole lives are devoted to it."Jack pipped in.

"You have never taken a day off?"

"We have to be prepared."

I was staring at them totally dazed about how committed they were when Ryker came in and took a seat next to me.

"Hey." He greeted awkwardly as he leaned forward.

We sat there in dead silence. This person was supposed to be my brother, I have one of those I should know how to talk to him, well then again Auggie is a toddler and could barely talk as is.

"So how's your mom?" He asked, his voice shook, but at least he was trying.

"Fine just worried. She always gets a little worried when she binge-watches Criminal Minds for too long."

Ryker smiled and nodded his head like he understood what I meant.

"My moms a nurse, so anytime I get hurt she acts like I'm about to go in for surgery."

It was my turn to smile.

"I bet it was nice to see her, especially with all this craziness going on."

"I actually didn't see her, she is working. I sent her a text and went home to change."

I noticed that he was indeed in different clothes. He was now in more comfortable clothes: sweatpants and a light gray sweatshirt.

"Aren't you hot?" I asked as I rubbed my sweaty palms against my thighs. He gave a shrug as if he didn't care if he got heatstroke.

The door opened and Jade made her way in, deep in thought. Hale followed her a ghost of a smile on her face.

"Good your all back. Are we ready to continue?" Mayline interjected.

We all made our way back to our chairs in the living room. Jack turned to Jade.

"How's your friend?"

"As good as a comatose person can be," she answered sincerely.

Once we were all settled Mayline started on her next story slash lecture.

"Now as I said, there are many different covens, we belong to the Crystal Coven. In our coven, we have five different types of witches, all sorted by class. Peyton your type of witch is at the top, so we will start with you. Your parents are the High Priest and Priestess of our coven. If everything was normal you would have lived a very comfortable life. Besides the fact that your a child of our leaders, mental magic witches are at the top of our classes. They are high class."