Chapter 16 - A Love Story Starts With A Missing Wallet (Jade)

La Cintura - Alvaro Soler

When I got home Dad was already asleep in bed.

I sighed as I dropped my purse on the counter and plopped myself on the couch. Before I could settle in there was a knock at the door. I inward groan as I stretched my limbs to get back up, reluctantly I opened the door.

I came face to face with a guy that looked a familiar.

"Hi." I greeted in a confused tone.

"Hi you might not remember me, I'm Liam, we met at the hospital when you bumped into me." 

While his voice was hard to place, his voice brought me back to hours ago when I bumped into him an spilled my purse contents everywhere.

"Oh right, is there something I can help you with?"  I asked as I wrapped my arms around myself and leaned against the doorframe.

"I came to give you this, you left in such a hurry."

He pulled out my brown leather wallet and extended it to me. I gaped.

"You left before I could hand it to you."

I took it and set it on the table near the door.

"Thank you so much."

"I looked at your ID to find your address. I didn't stalk you or anything."

I laughed and nodded.

"Don't worry I don't think your a psycho or anything."

"Good, I'm glad. So if you don't think I'm mental, what do you think?"

Liam stretched his long arm and rested it on the door frame, he leaned in with a sly smile. We are only were inched apart. Holy shit. Was he flirting with me? Should I flirt back? Was I reading the situation right?

Natural instincts took over and I gave him a seductive smile and readjusted myself on the doorframe so that I was almost laying on it.  Liam's face was just centimeters away.

"Well I think it was kind of you to track me down, it was noble of you not to steal anything and I think your brave and a bit cocky to ask me about your first impression," I answered.

Liam gave me a bold smile.

"I like you, Jade, you have a fascinating mind, and very interesting wallet."

I clicked my tongue and noted he took the liberty to look at my whole ID.

"What's so interesting about my wallet!"

"Well for starters you keep your phone number in it."

"It's a new number!"

"Secondly, you keep little notes to yourself."

"I forget things! They go in my purse but they get stuck in my wallet! It's hardly weird."

"And thirdly, you have a gum wrapper in your coins, with a joke on it. "

"My Dad did that."

We both laughed.

"So your not going to deny looking through my stuff?"

"Nope, I'm an open book, no secrets, no lies, I'm just Liam."

I bit back a laugh.

"Well just Liam, thank you for returning my wallet. I hope I see you around."

"Oh, you will."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Will I now?"