Chapter 36- I Get My Ass Moving On (Jade)

I was laying bed - I wasn't ready to call it my bed yet, even though I'd been living in it for about two weeks now. - waiting for the tears to come like they did everytime I woke up, oddly enough, today I found my eyes dry. 

Since the accident, every ten seconds when I first wake up, I don't remember anything. For ten seconds I'm back in my bed, in my home. Down the hall dad's getting ready and right before he puts on boots he'll knock on my door to say goodbye. 

Then I open my eyes and stare at the deep purple walls, I'm in the bed that is over stuffed, with a thread count that we could never afford. 

The room is a mess with boxes that I can never seem to find the energy to unpack. 

I let out a long sigh and bunched the pillow up under my head, it was still damp from last nights round of tears. 

Jack and Mayline didn't bother much, I knew I was missing lessons, but they never pushed me about it. 

I would pass then in the halls on the rare event that I left the room. They always brought meals to my room, which I barley ate, but I always took care of the dishes. 

I rolled onto my back and stared up at the the too white ceiling, my room back home had water stains on the ceiling, a reminder of how run down the building was getting. I somehow missed it. 

I narrowed my eyes as I felt something in myself that I hadn't felt in awhile, boredom. I was bored. After weeks, mourning and grieving, it seemed my body was done and ready to move on. 

I pulled my phone out from the pillow I shoved it under last night, when it turned on it opened to a picture of me and my dad. My heat panged, but no tears. 

It was eleven thirty in the morning so there was no use in texting Ryker, he would still be asleep for another couple of hours. 

I sent a text to Peyton, asking what she was up too. Her reply was almost instant. 

I have a chem test in two days, so I'm trying to study, its not going well. How are you doing?

I sighed and chewed at my bottom lip. I wasn't going to interrupt her studying. 

Better, surprisingly. Good luck studying!

That left one sibling left. I sent a text to Hale and set my phone down as I waiting for her reply. I ran a hand through my hair and cringed as I pulled it away. When was the last time I had showered? I took a quick sniff at myself and instantly regretted it. Perhaps it has been awhile. 

I got up and stripped the bed of its sheets and blankets, I balled them up and threw them by the door. I'd have to find the laundry room later. 

I grabbed some random clothes from my boxes, and rummaged around for a towel. 

I quickly padded across the hall, it was hard to be quiet with the hospital cane making so much noise, to the bathroom and turned on the hot water, letting the room fill with the steam. It felt so good, I could feel the muscles start to relax. 

I stripped myself of my old sweats and got into the shower, the hot water did wonder on my body and I couldn't believe how much better I felt as I started to wash my hair and scrub the last few weeks from my skin. 

Once I felt like a normal human being again I turned off the water and wrapped my towel around myself, I sat down on the bathtub ledge as I got dressed.