The Newer Girl

(Your POV)

  All three of us walked over to Aphmau's house. It wasn't at Lucinda's because her friend was staying with her for the time being. Dante knocked on the door and Aaron answered.

  "Hey, guys. Come in," he said as he moved out of the way to let us in. The boys walked in first, and as I walked in, Aaron ruffled my hair. I gave him a glare and he just stuck his tongue out at me. I rolled my eyes as I walked into the living room. We were early so we would all try to be there before Lucinda and the new girl, and on the couch I saw Garroth.

  He seemed to be looking around for someone or something.

  Probably Madison.

  But when his eyes landed on me, he smiled and waved me over.

  Should I...?

  I walked over and sat down next to him, not wanting to be rude like a certain someone. "Hey, (Y/N)!" he greeted happily. From the corner of my eye, I could see Dante, Travis, and Aphmau all looking out for me, which I appreciated.

  "Hey," I said simply.

  He scratched the back of his neck. "I wanted to apologize for not being able to talk to you lately... My parents bought a lot of property and I owed them a favor, so I had to help paint, move boxes, and stuff like that for a couple weeks..."

  I blinked.

  ...What?

  "So," I started, wanting to set things straight, "you weren't... ignoring me..?"

  "No, of course not! The job was really long and tiring, though, meaning I didn't have much time to talk to you or explain what was happening.."

  My mind flooded with relief as I gave him a warm smile. "It's okay, Garroth. I understand." He smiled back and gave me a hug, in which I gladly returned. I looked back at Travis, Dante, and Aph. They all looked sort of confused, but I smiled at them, letting them know I'll tell them later. They all nodded and went their seperate ways.

  I let go and so did Garroth. "I-I also wanted to say sorry for not talking to you when we were with Madison the other day.. It was wrong..."

  "It's fine, Garroth. Really. Also, is she coming to the party tonight?" I asked.

  "Yes, but she'll be a little late."

  I nodded. "Okay."

  Just then, there was a knock on the door. "Guys, they're here...! Be welcoming...!" Aph whisper shouted. We all did our best to look welcoming but not look like smiling, lifeless robots at the same time.

  Aphmau opened the door and in walked a girl with brown hair and brown eyes. She was.. maybe a few inches taller than Aph?

  (Author~Sama: Still taller than you~ (¬‿¬)

  (Y/N): *>//~//<* B-Be quiet..!)

    Also, she looked absolutely terrified. Like she would rather lie in a ditch than be around this many strangers right now. Lucinda led her into the living room before she could run back out of the house.

  Not wanting to be rude, I'm guessing, she looked at the group, waved shakily, and said, "H-Hi... I-I'm Lizzie, b-but you can c-call me L-Liz t-too, either o-one is f-fine..."

  We all said hello and Lucinda started introducing her to everyone. Laurance was last, and when they were introduced, I saw a slight blush on Lizzie's face.