Part 13

Avis received a letter in the mail the next week, after her confrontation with her husband that she hadn't seen in forever.

It was from - who else? - Tyrell Bardot. Avis pulled out several pages of writing and sat down at her desk to read the letter.

To Avis Bardot,

How are you? I'm really sorry about last week. I guess I kinda snapped at you and Phoenix after I asked you for that lift. You're right - I had no right to ignore your request. I'm sorry. You've been through more stress in the last two years than I've had in my whole life. It's kinda hard to talk about this topic - it's sensitive, I guess. I mean, I wasn't lying to you when I said I've had a kid and she died just a few months after she was born.

I guess it all started, 2 and a half years before we met, when I met a 21 year old woman named Luna Rose. Beautiful woman - strawberry blonde hair and a sprinkling of freckles on her tanned face. But enough about that. Luna Rose was just out of university; she was studying to be a neurologist. We met, and dated for a few months. We got engaged a year later, and she gave birth to our first and last child. We named the baby girl Relluna, a combination of both our names. We loved and took care of the child, but she died a few months later due to heart cancer. Luna Rose and I were very happy together, but after the death of our baby, she shut herself from our world together - in her room for days on end. She brought a hot plate to cook on into her room - it got that extreme! I tried to reach out to her, but she wouldn't let me. The days and weeks passed, and she got more and more unhappy. She would smuggle bottles of vodka and whisky into her room, which caused her to be extremely irritable, moody and cruel. Let's just say she made herself extremely intoxicated. She became a dangerous jackal - it was the first time I was ever scared of anyone. She would insult me, call me names, threaten to kick me out of the fricking house, (funny, it was my house) like I was garbage, and even went on to say that I had caused Relluna's death. I didn't understand, cause I had done absolutely nothing to her!! It got to the point that Luna Rose would pack a suitcase full of her stuff and leave for a few days to God knows where. She was sly, like a fox. She would fly into terrible tantrums, screaming and swearing. Luna Rose, to me, seemed to have went mad. Completely mad. I left the house, obviously after she kicked me out. But she always called me back, crooning into the phone for me to come home to her. I hated her - but at the same time I felt sorry for the blithering idiot.

I left, for longer periods of time. That was when I met you, at the intersection on Bradlin Road. After you and I got married, word got through to Luna Rose, somehow, that I was with another. She flew into a rage, called me almost every single night. I ignored every call. I left you because while we were together, I didn't know it then, but Luna Rose developed an obsessive, almost psychopathic behavior. I was scared for you, because after awhile, she left messages on my phone saying that she will come after you and was intent on harming you or killing you somehow if I didn't leave and return to her.

I was furious, because she hated you when you did nothing and she hated me when I was around her but wanted me when I was gone. It's like the old saying - you never miss the water till the well runs dry. So I left, not falling for her gnarled, ugly trap. I thought that if I left, she wouldn't try to come after you. I called her, telling her that I would be leaving you. Luna Rose was overjoyed. She didn't yet know that I was never going to go back to her. I left, moved as far away from her as possible, deleted her contacts, and blocked her so she wouldn't be able to contact me anymore. I later heard from Luna Rose's brother that she moved to Washington, DC, after her "shift in behavior" as he called it. It was just a polite way of saying that she had almost gone mad. Relatives always stick up for each other, don't they?

Her brother told me that she had went to therapy, and was improving. It's still a mystery to me why exactly she went mad - it might have been that Relluna's death was extremely hard on her, that she couldn't cope. I still don't know. I hope you understand what I've been through. Again, I know that you've been through a lot too, but I sincerely hope you believe me and understand. I'm so sorry for all that I have done, and I just want you to remember that even though I was cruel and selfish with what I did, I still love you.

From Tyrell 

**********************

So, what do you all think? Comment your thoughts down below!

XOXO, icy234