Part 19

Without warning, Tyrrell reached out to touch Avis's hand. On instinct, she withdrew it. Tyrrell hung his head shamefully.

"I must disgust you." he mumbled.

Avis smirked. "Not exactly. I'm just not ready to be touched, y'know?" This was the truth. The whole and absolute truth.

"OK - I'll give you some space." Tyrrell replied slowly.

Avis stared at the cream colored, stucco splatter ceiling. She thought about Tyrrell's suggestion. Should they try again? Was it worth it? She thought differently, now that she knew the truth about her husband's disappearance. Avis felt bad about Luna Rose and Tyrrell's baby, Relluna. So young, so new. 

She thought about how Relluna could have had a long life ahead of her if not for what happened. That just made her incredibly sad. She tried not to think about it.

"Tyrrell, I think maybe it is worth a try. But if you muck up again, nothing you say will make me stay with you, OK? You've already messed up once. And I'm dead serious right now." Avis couldn't believe she was saying this. 

She felt like the pit that was Tyrrell was swallowing her up, and she was falling, falling into eternal darkness. But she was cheerful enough.

******************

Last chapter!!!! 😖😖😖 Thank you guys so much for reading!!!!! I love you guys so much and I hope to see you guys in my next book!

XOXO, icy234