N i n e t e e n

Christ on a stick, Harley. Get it together.

I pulled away slightly. My forehead was rested against his and his arms were still draped loosely around my waist.

I watched his chest rise and fall, as I realized he was slightly out of breath, a slight smile curled across my lips.

I concentrated on my thoughts as dozens of images played across the blackness behind my eyelids.

However, I was interrupted when Aiden pulled away. He grabbed my shoulder with one hand and lifted up my chin with the other.

"Harley, breath." He said with a half worried half amused expression.

Just then I became aware of my breathing, or lack there of.

He straight up made me forget how to breath.

"Oh...uh..sorry." I said as he released his grip on me.

"Why are you apologizing?" He said grinning. "That was great." His smile faded into a light smirk as he grabbed my hand. "Now let's clean up these balloons."

"Yea right." I toyed, still a bit winded.
"You started it you clean it up."

"Actually you started it. But I'll clean them up since you probably can't think clearly quite yet." He stated casually.

"Hey, I'm used to not being able to think clearly when I'm around you. Its just that I have to finish setting out the food and stuff." I replied as I walked out of the room.

"Says the one who had to be reminded to breathe." He mumbled as he picked up a stray balloon.

"What was that?" I called from the kitchen.

"Nothing." Even though I couldn't see him I could tell he was smiling at himself.

We still had about an hour to go until party time so I busied myself with cleaning off the tables and wiping counters.

"Need some help there?" Aiden asked, admiring a picture of my family neatly hung on the wall.

"Yea actually, can you put those books over on the shelf for me?" I said motioning to the stack of cookbooks my mom had been skimming through earlier.

He picked one up and flipped to a random page. "Are we gonna have cake at this party?" He said mischievously.

"I wasn't planning on it." I responded sensing what he was about to say.

"Well we are now." He said as he began rummaging through my cabinets.

"I'm down with that as long as I don't have to do the baking." I replied wetting a rag.

"Sorry babe, you're not getting out of this one, you're going to be my helper."
He turned away from the various cooking supplies he had gathered and smirked at me.

He called me babe.

"I'm not your babe." I said as I walked over to the table, faking a frown.

"Yes you are." He said abandoning his supplies on the counter as he stalked over to me.

"Says who?" I retorted, nervously eyeing the shrinking distance between us.

He stopped walking when his face was only inches from mine.

Both of us were silent and I could smell the clean scent emanating from his shirt as I clutched the rag to my chest.

"Good point, Harls. I guess I should be on my way since I'm apparently unwanted and babe-less." He said shedding his serious demeanor and pulling away.

"Go back to making your cake, Betty Crocker." I said laughing.

"You'll be sorry when this turns out to be the best damn cake you've ever had." He turned away and began setting out bowls and mixes.

"Be a doll and grab me a spoon?" He added continuing to work.

I nudged him out of the way and opened up the drawer he had been standing in front of. "Here you go princess." I said pulling out a spoon.

"No need for the attitude." He said swiftly grabbing the spoon and holding it to his chest in mock offense.

I laughed as I walked over to where he was standing and brushed the spoon away so I could embrace him. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Im not sure why I hugged him but I did it anyway and I didn't really care.

I felt him chuckle and fold his arms around me. After a few seconds of feeling his warmth spread over my skin I pulled away to find him smiling and confused.

"Moody much?" He asked grinning.

"I don't know, man." I said smiling at the ground.

"Well whatever that was you should do it more often." He stated, turning away to take inventory of his supplies.

I returned to wiping down the tables and soon enough he had begun pouring the cake batter into the circle shaped pans I had gotten for him.

I perched myself on the counter close to where he was working and took pleasure in watching him.

He would occasionally ask me to grab him something but for the most part we just enjoyed each others company.

When the cake was done baking and Finished being iced we had about 20 minutes until party time so I volunteered to help him decorate it.

"Harls, I think we should make our own cooking show." He said as he handed me the icing funnel.

"Good idea people would love us." I replied preparing a tube of blue icing i started to draw the lines of a W onto the white base layer but was stopped by Betty Crocker.

"No, no, no. you're holding it wrong." He said making his way to me.

"My bad, Betty. I didn't know there was a specific way to hold an icing tube." I said rolling my eyes.

"Do you need me to show you how to do it?" He said with his signature smirk.

"How else am I supposed to learn?" I said with a smirk matching his.

He now stood behind me. Wrapping his arms around either side of me he cupped my hands in his and began to slowly trace lines along the entirety of the cake.
W
E
'
L
L

M
I
S
S

Y
O
U

He rested his head on my shoulder as he spelled out the last word.

V
E
R
O
N
I
C
A

With my hand still cradled within his He steadily swirled spirals of icing about the cake.

"That is how you do it." He said as he released my hand and removed himself from behind me.

I wiped my hands and turned to face him. "You should teach classes."

He laughed as he placed the finished cake on the table.

Now all we had left to do was wait for the guests.

I really didn't want to make the party scene into more than two updates but I felt like it had been a while since I had posted and I felt bad so yeah here it is. Enjoy, have a good day, Blah, blah, blah.
~ Harls