1

Miles POV

It's black. I see nothing. Not a thing in front nor behind me.
"MILES!" I hear a woman scream behind me. I turn, I see a woman, in a black dress, running for her life. From, something. "What is that thing?" I ask myself. The woman stopped. Her long raven hair swaying from a blowing breeze. She stops running. I'm confused. A red shadow growing behind her. It gets bigger and bigger. She starts stepping, walking, running, sprinting as fast as she can towards my direction, screaming from the top of her lungs. I can't move. Why can't I move! "Miles! Miles! MILES!" She screams.

I wake up in a sweat. Flora, my younger sister, shaking me awake.

"Are you ok? Did you have a nightmare?" Flora asks me. "Yeah. I'm ok though." I say, catching my breath. "What time is it?" I ask. "It's 5:30. Breakfast will be made soon though." Flora tells me. "Ok." I nod. Flora leaves my room, closing the door. I get from my bed, go to my closet, and pull an orange sweater from one of the hangers. I grab a pair of jeans and put them on. I go to my mirror, staring blankly at my complexion. I can still hear that woman's voice. Who was she? What did she want from me? Why was she screaming so loud? I grab my leather bag from my chair in the corner of my room, and walk downstairs. I meet Flora, and our care taker, Jodi. (Don't know what the nanny's name is in the movie. But ya know. Improv right?). "What would you like this morning Miles?" Jodi asks. "I'm not that hungry" I respond. "Ok, here's your lunch for today." Jodi smiles at me, handing over a brown paper bag.

I walk out the door, and start walking towards my new school. Blackwood school of fine arts, it's apparently called. It sounds weird. Like from a horror film or something. As I'm walking up the street, I see a woman. The same woman from my dream. Black dress, black hair, just standing. Facing towards me. Am I dreaming?

I suddenly feel the urge to run, and before I know, my legs are carrying me to wherever.  I find an alleyway, and hide in it, unsure if that woman is following me. I sit on the autumn ground, my back facing the building behind me. I put my arms on my legs, and head, supported by my arms.

"Hey kid, you ok?" A girls voice asks. I look up, and see a girl standing in front of me.

"You dropped this." She says, holding my bag. I didn't realize I dropped it.
"I'm ok. And thanks." I say.

"I'm y/n. And you are?"

Y/n POV

'Miles.' I hear in my head.

"Miles." He tells me. 
I knew it.

"Why were you running?" I ask. "Just, just getting exercise.  Nothing really." Miles tells me. "Really? You looked scared." I add. "Look, it's none of your business. You don't even know me." 'I do know you' my mind goes. Miles stands up and walks past me. "Someone's in a mood" I say aloud. "Hey wait up!" I yell.

I catch up to Miles. "Tell me about yourself. You seem likable. I want to get to know you" I say. "Yeah? Well I don't. Now leave me alone. I have to get to school." Miles says. 

"Let me guess," I say. "Blackwood school of fine arts?" I add. "How did you-" I interrupt. "I can read people easily." I say. "I go there too. I'll show you around if you want" I say. "No" Miles declines. "Bad choice bud," I say.

"Why is that bad?" He asks.

"Because, you'll be an easy target from the woman in the black dress, the one you were running from." I say.

"You know about that? How?" He questions.

"She's one of my demons." I say.